• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Eventually" sure seems to be taking a long time.

I was at Airventure in Oshkosh, WI in July and a man from Colorado parked his Ford F-150 Lightning next to our camper. He had a slide in camper that ran off the truck battery and it was a really nice set up. After 3 days I saw him packing up (the airshow still had 4 days to go) and asked if he was leaving. He said he didn’t get the range he expected driving from CO and the charging stations were unreliable.

Now he was getting low on charge as the camper used more than he had anticipated so he needed to go find a charging station soon and he would need a full charge when he got back to CO because the mountains really dropped the range. I’ll stick with my F-150.

Exactly.
Just completed our annual Christmas 800 mile Interstate highway round trip in my old fossil-fueled (solid 400 mile range) dinosaur, must have passed a few hundred gas stations round trip. Refuel, in and out in under 15 minutes, with a potty break, sandwich, and hot cup of coffee in hand.
Suck it, EV drivers.
I don't own an EV due to cost, but be fair:

Everybody wants to talk about the extra stops that an EV may require on the annual long trip, but they ignore all the extra stops the IC powered vehicle has to make during the rest of the year. During the year when we're stopping for gas, the EV drivers are cruising past to charge at home.

They may even be thinking "Suck it, IC drivers."

Likewise when we're changing oil, belts, hoses, etc.

They do have their advantages.

FB_IMG_1703002689130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom