• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever been hooked when fishing?(video)

Had a fishing buddy do almost just that except it was stuck in the carpet on the upper deck when he sat by it and hooked his calf when he got up. About 8 years ago I got a mirrolure hung in a tree. I pulled the limb down with my left hand and tried to unstick it with my right. My left hand slipped and limb set 1 treble in my thumb and 2 from another trebble in the heel of my hand. I grabbed the limb again but was stuck there by myself. I eventually just had to let that limb go to yank on that lure in my hand while I hacked the limb(about 4 inches wide) off with my buck knife. I still had to get the trebbles out and I was too embarrassed at that point to go ask for help. The guys in the shop would have never let it go. 1496456529167912084570.jpgthis is the lure. I still have it.

Had a fishing buddy do almost just that except it was stuck in the carpet on the upper deck when he sat by it and hooked his calf when he got up. About 8 years ago I got a mirrolure hung in a tree. I pulled the limb down with my left hand and tried to unstick it with my right. My left hand slipped and limb set 1 treble in my thumb and 2 from another trebble in the heel of my hand. I grabbed the limb again but was stuck there by myself. I eventually just had to let that limb go to yank on that lure in my hand while I hacked the limb(about 4 inches wide) off with my buck knife. I still had to get the trebbles out and I was too embarrassed at that point to go ask for help. The guys in the shop would have never let it go.View attachment 1196345this is the lure. I still have it.

Yeah, I've had plenty of close calls trying to rip it out of a tree. I learned to just let 'em go if they were helplessly snagged and it was too far up to reach them.

I've been extremely lucky to only get hooked once in my life. Learned to pay attention to where hooks were flying at all times. The one time it happened was at a a buddy's pond, and it was fortunately lodged just under the top layer of skin of my forearm lengthwise instead of straight in. We walked up to the house and he slit the top layer with a razor blade. The painful part was the iodine rinse, but we went right back to fishing - lol.

Yep. Baiting hook and my son walked between me and the rod...hit the line. Hook buried the barb in my pointer finger pad tip. Ouch.

My dad did it on a flats fishing trip...stuck big hook into his bottom lip. Over an hour back to camp.

Oh, and my Irish Setter caught my son's rapala on the backswing. Treble hooks in bottom AND top lip.

I had a 4+ pound bass head shake just as I went to lip him-he set one of the trebles of a Chug-Bug into my left thumb and ripped it out in one fail swoop. Another time a buddy of mine was casting sidearm while in a John boat with me. He hooked me in the butt with a rooster tail as he swung back to cast. It went through my back pocket and barely caught any flesh. What was really funny was the backlash he got as a result of the mishap.

no,and it was his dog in his tackle box,on a teen outing at church,and I got to play doctor while he held the screaming dog

Back
Top Bottom