• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

The story was true. The guy and girl were walking to a car they had parked a little ways away from a restaurant and a van started shadowing them. He had a day planner holster and when the van pulled in front of them and two guys jumped out one with a gun he shot the one. The unarmed guy jumped for the first bad guys gun. 6 rounds down he has one left for the driver but the driver fled.

It was a great read. I learned alot from it. Specifically what to say when you have to shoot someone

i was always told to shut the **** up and call my lawyer no matter what when talking to any police

they arent really there to help you during an investigation

In my career, I have had to draw many times. The one time that makes me actually laugh is when a bunch of my cop buddies and I were walking down a street in NYC going back to our hotel after dinner, all were dressed in plain clothes. We were strung out in a line, about ten of us just bull****ing on the way when three young gentlemen stepped out in front of us and pulled knives demanding we give them everything in our pockets......The first cop said, "you really don't want to do this right now" to the young guys.....they were adamant about their demands.......by now the rest of the guys saw what was going down and kept walking closer to us. At about the same time ten guns come out of the holsters and were pointing at the young guys with the knives.......one of the young guys pissed himself before dropping the knife he was holding and they all laid down on the ground waiting patiently to be handcuffed. We were all in NYC for special ops training. I guess they picked the wrong guys to mess with that night. This happened back in the early 90's and our department policy was that we all carried even off duty.

One time - guy had a knife, drew my gun, he ran and cops were in short pursuit. He went to the drunk tank for the night and had his knife confiscated.

In my career, I have had to draw many times. The one time that makes me actually laugh is when a bunch of my cop buddies and I were walking down a street in NYC going back to our hotel after dinner, all were dressed in plain clothes. We were strung out in a line, about ten of us just bull****ing on the way when three young gentlemen stepped out in front of us and pulled knives demanding we give them everything in our pockets......The first cop said, "you really don't want to do this right now" to the young guys.....they were adamant about their demands.......by now the rest of the guys saw what was going down and kept walking closer to us. At about the same time ten guns come out of the holsters and were pointing at the young guys with the knives.......one of the young guys pissed himself before dropping the knife he was holding and they all laid down on the ground waiting patiently to be handcuffed. We were all in NYC for special ops training. I guess they picked the wrong guys to mess with that night. This happened back in the early 90's and our department policy was that we all carried even off duty.

Classic lol

You would think that they would know what was up with 10 guys with awful cop moustaches.

copstache.jpg

Just 2 weeks ago I was out riding the Harley on a long loop on a Sunday. I was coming back across Richard Russel Scenic Hwy I pulled into a make shift pull off that makes a U shape. I get off to stretch and walk around. Traffic was really light that day and I felt alone out on that road. As Im sitting there a car comes driving by and gets on the brakes hard as they see me standing there and make the 2nd turn in. Windows blacked out and all my alarms are going off as this car is coming around to me. I put the bike between me and the car and unzip my jacket and just put my hands on my hips. This make the XDS easy to draw if needed and it couldnt be seen. Turns out it was just a couple of girls looking for Raven bluffs (or cliffs?) something like that. That was a surreal feeling knowing Im out alone when this car makes a move to put you on edge. It felt good knowing that I wasnt defenseless though, I felt ready as I could be to handle what I thought might happen. This is the pic I took of the bike at the pull off, it was like 5 min later the car pulled in.

I'll give him benefit of the doubt for that small statement right there.

I live within a block of that place, (Checkers on Moreland Ave.) and there are some sho 'nuff thugs that used to hang around there, sometimes still do. I've woke up to a shootout at the gas station next door to it, a friend was beaten and robbed just across the street. I have seen APD SWAT take a drug dealer down in the parking lot next door and there is always someone getting robbed at the Bank of America ATM right there.

In my neighborhood it is a good idea to be armed, if you have the temperament, but better leave the bravado at home. This ain't Alpharetta, there are plenty of armed thugs and gang bangers around with nothing to live for, if you draw a weapon, you better be ready to use it, the idle threat will get your ass shot.

That neighborhood is where I was living when I came across the dude taking a broomstick to his old lady. I lived in the condos at the corner of Wyman and Moreland.

Back
Top Bottom