• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything was going so well....

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg

well time to breakdown and buy an RCBS stuck case remover.....

I've owned one over 40 years and used it once.. worth every penny....

Been there and done that same exact thing, only with a 30.06 case. Don't remember how I got it out, to many years ago now. Remember climbing on the table top with piece of pipe for a Cheater Bar. Think I did a 1 1/2 off the table onto the floor landed on my head. Probably why I have such memory loss now, concussion related. LoL
Good luck man sometimes those stuck case tools will get them right out sometimes they don't. Amazing how a Piece of Brass can stick to them things like their molded together. But it's a lesson learned either way, always use the right amount of Lube, Not too little and Not to much. And yes you can use too much LUBE and get dimpling or neck blemishes.

Last edited:
I was working up some .223 loads and I shorted myself 1 bullet. I figured since I had just ran 9 others through it that there would be enough lube still on the die. I was wrong.
I'm going to make my own remover jig today at work.
Yeah this is the route I took. Not counting drill and tap it only cost about $1. I've had several .45 colt rims tear out and a couple .223 . I can't remember any other cartridges/calibers with this issue.

This is why you pre lube your brass before running em through your expensive dies.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Back
Top Bottom