• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Evolution of the Combat Optic

Low power scope.

In a LPVO I really like the 2 recent 1-8x offerings from Nightforce. Got one en route as we speak.

A little ways down the price scale, the Nightforce NXS 1-4x24mm with FC-3G reticle is an outstanding optic. I’ve owned several, have one at home now.

For the budget conscious, the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x and Strike Eagle 1-6x are good options. I also like the Millett DMS-1 1-4x24mm and DMS-2 1-6x24mm.

In a LPVO I really like the 2 recent 1-8x offerings from Nightforce. Got one en route as we speak.

A little ways down the price scale, the Nightforce NXS 1-4x24mm with FC-3G reticle is an outstanding optic. I’ve owned several, have one at home now.

For the budget conscious, the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x and Strike Eagle 1-6x are good options. I also like the Millett DMS-1 1-4x24mm and DMS-2 1-6x24mm.
I see Strike Eagle mentioned often - and just had a sales counter guy try to sell me one. I’m willing to go upwards of $600 if I can get anything appreciably better for that money? For a range, hunting, classes, home defense, and perhaps civil uprising scope - would there be anything that outclasses the Stike Eagle up to $600ish?

I see Strike Eagle mentioned often - and just had a sales counter guy try to sell me one. I’m willing to go upwards of $600 if I can get anything appreciably better for that money? For a range, hunting, classes, home defense, and perhaps civil uprising scope - would there be anything that outclasses the Stike Eagle up to $600ish?

I like the Sightron S-TAC 1-7x24mm, but it’s a bit out of your stated budget range. It’s in the upper $800’s.

The Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x24mm is a better optic than the Strike Eagle. They run in the upper $600’s.

The Burris MTAC is a good scope for about $400 or a little less, but it’s a 1-4x24mm.

Sig Sauer TANGO4 1-4x24mm is a $600 optic. The WHISKY5 1-5x24mm is upper $800’s.

The Trijicon Accupoints are great scopes with excellent features. The 1-4x24mm is in the low-mid $700’s and the 1-6x25mm is in the low-mid $900’s. The Accupowers are even better, but the 1-8x28mm is well out of your price range (as are numerous LPVO’s I could list).

Thanks for the recommendations!

I like the Sightron S-TAC 1-7x24mm, but it’s a bit out of your stated budget range. It’s in the upper $800’s.

The Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x24mm is a better optic than the Strike Eagle. They run in the upper $600’s.

The Burris MTAC is a good scope for about $400 or a little less, but it’s a 1-4x24mm.

Sig Sauer TANGO4 1-4x24mm is a $600 optic. The WHISKY5 1-5x24mm is upper $800’s.

The Trijicon Accupoints are great scopes with excellent features. The 1-4x24mm is in the low-mid $700’s and the 1-6x25mm is in the low-mid $900’s. The Accupowers are even better, but the 1-8x28mm is well out of your price range (as are numerous LPVO’s I could list).
I use an mtac now - not a fan of the CQ reticle - too thick of an outside circle. I’ll look into the other you list in the upper $600 but may just settle with the Eagle for now. Thanks

I'm extremely interested in the cheaper/lighter of the two new Nightforce 1-8's. Unless I hear a lot of bad reviews on it (haven't so far), I'm definitely looking to put it on a 14.5" carbine as soon as the budget allows. Good luck with yours and I hope you enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom