• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Example of Justified Use of Deadly Force against unarmed man

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
Although this is in Utah ( whose laws pertaining to Use of Deadly Force are similar to Ga) this is a perfect example of how & why it CAN be justified to use legal force against an unarmed attacker.
In many debates on this forum I have tried to explain that if an unarmed attacker attempts to take the gun away from someone using it defensively that it can be considered a lethal threat.

I credit Mas Ayoob w/ being the first proponent of that theory, or at least he was the first person I heard give legal precedence of how & why it can be legal to use a weapon successfully against someone unarmed in the eyes of the legal system.
Granted, especially depending on jurisdiction & circumstances, it could be more difficult to justify but there are instances, like the outcome of many previous cases as well as the direction this one seems to be heading, that prove the point that some members have disputed with me as not being justified.

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KLthCC...1Ny5odG1s/RS=^ADAvyp7SOGyw9_iJBA8Cs.5SpF3uHY-

Last edited:
Law does not require an attacker to be armed in order for deadly force to be used.This "unarmed black/white man" is a cliche used by liberals,just like the term "assault weapons,cop-killer bullets,plastic guns,etc"

Back
Top Bottom