• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Excited n just want to share

dude this could be the beginning of something big. you'll have your own show one of these days.

That would be awesome....

SJ,
I use a ton of high tech lines (not ropes) on my boat. If you are interested in some of the stuff we use its crazy strong, lightweight and doesnt absorb water. Not saying paracord isnt useful, but it does have its limits.

As an example, Amsteel in the same diameter as Paracord will lift my car. Off the top of my head, a single strand of paracord would probably not have enough breaking strength to lift a person. Amsteel is a braided 12 strand kevlar line, comes in lots of colors. Not cheap, but pretty good to have lying around in case of an emergency.

It can be spliced into loops to make a improvised shackle, or create a high strength loop, or slice.

PM me, I will send you some to play with.

lol, the first one was on Feb 1st and they canceled it cuz nobody signed up. that made me laugh cuz people come over to my house for classes that i dont really even advertise

but thanks for the congrats anyway

I realize this is an older thread, and your class plans may have changed ( didn't read through all of thread) but a late congrats(even tho the first was cancelled). How about adding a "signaling for help, short and long distances" ?

Back
Top Bottom