• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Experience with dentures

james357

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
371   0
Reaction score
I am 65 years and and my dentist says I need 4 crowns redone and a filling redone. Plus 2 fillings. A little over 4000.00
Two of my crowns are 14 years old and two are 16.
For not much more I am thinking about getting them all pulled and dentures.
Do any of you guys have dentures and how are they?

Had them for about 8-10 yrs. They are ok.
At your age i would go ahead and do it.
I wouldnt buy the most expensive set but not an economy set either. Go ahead and spend $2k .
The better they fit, the better you will adjust to them. Still going to take you 6 mos to get used to them.
Good luck !:brushteeth:

I am 65 years and and my dentist says I need 4 crowns redone and a filling redone. Plus 2 fillings. A little over 4000.00
Two of my crowns are 14 years old and two are 16.
For not much more I am thinking about getting them all pulled and dentures.
Do any of you guys have dentures and how are they?
Look at having the work done in Mexico. They do good work at a fraction of the price.

I flew my daughter to Cancun for wisdom teeth. for what they wanted here. I did airfare for 2, hotels, meals, had my periodontal issues resolved, and had money left over.

I spent the last 2 years in Tucson AZ. I had work done in Nogales, about an hour away. Very good work. Very professional.

If you'd like to go in the direction of Nogales. I have a friend who lives south of the border. We can get you the hook-up.

Look at having the work done in Mexico. They do good work at a fraction of the price.

I flew my daughter to Cancun for wisdom teeth. for what they wanted here. I did airfare for 2, hotels, meals, had my periodontal issues resolved, and had money left over.

I spent the last 2 years in Tucson AZ. I had work done in Nogales, about an hour away. Very good work. Very professional.

If you'd like to go in the direction of Nogales. I have a friend who lives south of the border. We can get you the hook-up.
Thanks for the info. I had back surgery 5 years ago and I still have discomfort. With Covid and I didn't get vax I care to travel.

Thanks for the info. I had back surgery 5 years ago and I still have discomfort. With Covid and I didn't get vax I care to travel.
FYI Tucson is still in AZ. No vax requirement to fly domestic. Hepa filtration on an aircraft filters 100% of the air like every 60 seconds.

Nogales is an hour south of Tucson. No vax requirement to enter or return from Mexico.

I typically park at the McDonalds across the street in Nogales AZ. They charge $10 per day (display your parking receipt on the dash) and you walk across the border. The places that cater to medical tourism are within walking distance of the foot entrance.

I dropped some serious cash on titanium implants. Had bad teeth since I was 25. Dentist warned me at 18 that in a few years it was going to go downhill. Best money ever spent. In and out in 1 day. 2 days of being doped up and fuzzy memories. A week of swelling, and within 6 months they put in your “forever teeth” feels and looks like real teeth.

I dropped some serious cash on titanium implants. Had bad teeth since I was 25. Dentist warned me at 18 that in a few years it was going to go downhill. Best money ever spent. In and out in 1 day. 2 days of being doped up and fuzzy memories. A week of swelling, and within 6 months they put in your “forever teeth” feels and looks like real teeth.
Those implants, do they stay in all the time ? How long have you had them & roughly what did they cost if you don’t mind me asking ?
I had thought about having them put in and getting rid of the dentures.
Thanks !

I have a thread a few months ago about dentures. There is a lot of info in that thread. I had my uppers done. I dont know if I will go back with my lowers. There are times Ive regretted it but I think once my gums finish shrinking and I get my permanents its going to be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom