• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone have experience with Allstate / Amica / Travellers insurance ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
I've been using State Farm or Progressive for auto insurance off and on for the last 20 years. Last couple of years the premiums have really bounced.

I've made a couple of claims for house & auto with State Farm and they've always provided excellent service, no hassles, paid out fully and quickly. That, to me, is worth a few $ a year.

Doing a little online comparison right now and Allstate come out ~25% cheaper.

Can anyone give feedback on experiences with Allstate ?

They will all be cheaper the first year and jack up from there on out, as painful as it is, you almost have to shop every year. I just switched from Farmers to Allstate and will probably give State Farm a go next year. State Farm does have excellent service, I would say Allstate has been "ok" but I have not had a claim with them recently.

I've been using State Farm or Progressive for auto insurance off and on for the last 20 years. Last couple of years the premiums have really bounced.

I've made a couple of claims for house & auto with State Farm and they've always provided excellent service, no hassles, paid out fully and quickly. That, to me, is worth a few $ a year.

Can anyone give feedback on experiences with Allstate ?

Use a broker to compare across multiple companies.

I’ve had State Farm for 20 years now. They’re consistently among the cheapest when I compare my Home-Auto-Umbrella policies together. Plus, my rep is AMAZING. PM me if you want her contact info.

When shopping I found Nationwide is usually cheaper on home insurance but much much higher on Auto. State Farm is usually cheaper on Auto but higher on home. But when bundled SF is a bit cheaper. I had 2 interactions with Allstate when their drivers caused accidents I was involved in. They paid me quickly.

Everyone’s auto went down during covid, then they ALL went up in the past 2 years when people started driving again. It’s a usage based business.

Use a broker to compare across multiple companies.

I’ve had State Farm for 20 years now. They’re consistently among the cheapest when I compare my Home-Auto-Umbrella policies together. Plus, my rep is AMAZING. PM me if you want her contact info.

When shopping I found Nationwide is usually cheaper on home insurance but much much higher on Auto. State Farm is usually cheaper on Auto but higher on home. But when bundled SF is a bit cheaper. I had 2 interactions with Allstate when their drivers caused accidents I was involved in. They paid me quickly.

Everyone’s auto went down during covid, then they ALL went up in the past 2 years when people started driving again. It’s a usage based business.
Thanks. I have home with State Farm and will probably stay with them. I shop around a bit for auto every 6 months. State Farm & Progressive, (both have provided myself or people I know with good service when a claim is made), have been competitive in the past, but now are a few hundred more expensive than Allstate, (even given the home bundle discount I have with state farm).

I need to find a good independent agent locally, (just in case a face to face is ever needed !).

Avoid Allstate at all cost, in 30 years of purchasing insurance they have been the worst company i have ever done business with.

Like WallsGa WallsGa said use a broker, that’s what I’ve been doing for years now.

soldiers-running-away-gplb3ec2gsvp340g.gif

Based on a very lengthy homeowners claim with State Farm, I would not recommend that company for anything.
Try Amica for auto.

Back
Top Bottom