• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone have experience with Allstate / Amica / Travellers insurance ?

I’m also an AutoOwners guy for the last few years. I got it through a broker in Lawrenceville called Cowart. I’ve been very happy and they’re the first company that hasn’t raised my rates arbitrarily every renewal cycle…even with 20 some years without a claim. I bundle home and auto through them but Cowart will price out other companies for you too. Progressive carries my boat and motorcycle because they’re cheaper than AO there.

Clarke Howard advises that you should fire your insurance company every two years because of that price creep…they count on customers falsely believing your loyalty matters to the insurance companies…spoiler alert: it does not.

We had Allstate for twenty years. Last 5 they went up at least 10 percent every year. No claims.
Went with Farm Bureau, They were cheaper by 20 percent the first year and dropped another 5% last year.

I think its all luck of the draw, based on who you get, how that company is doing that year. Last year insurance companies took a bath I hear. I have heard good/bad about all companies almost, but the time span varies. A claim 5 years ago, will be handled different today.

I know of 3 claims personally for ALLSTATE customers, out of the 3, only 1 roof was replaced(after a decent amount of back and forth). 1 out of 3. 2 of the houses were side by side too. One claim was paid the other was not.

Allstate sucks ! All I have to say ! But can’t get my wife to even think about switching , because the agent is a nice guy , and related to her friend . Oh , and I’ve had 3 sheets claims with them . 1 was good , fair settlement . 2 took it in the *** on a totaled vehicle , not my fault . 3 wouldn’t pay for roof damage “ because the shingles were old “ . That wind shear from the tornado 1/2 mile away didn’t care how old they were . Allstate at your peril !!!

I've been happy with State Farm for house and cars ins, sticking with them for house. Auto has shot up, hence looking for experiences with Amica and Travellers right now.

I like all the reviews. I've been with Allstate more than 45yrs. I've retired agents and agencies. Allstate got me out of a few jams when I was young. Today I think there aren't any good ins. companies anymore. Allstate says I'm a A#1 customer or something like that. I don't know what that means. I can tell you they gave us a stellar rate on our new to us home. I think I pay too much on auto due to the fact we don't drive much anymore. I have numerous endorcements to promote good rates. My Wife is in reinsurance and doesn't want to change. I've been screwed by State Farm and Progressive. I've watched State Farm screw its own policy holders first hand.
My Mother in Law has Amica for a long time. She has exceptional rates. They even go down every year there aren't claims. We were looking at changing to them. But as a new customer, they didn't give a decent rate. Allstate beat them hands down. Just asked my Wife about it. She said they were way cheaper with way more coverage.
I agree with shopping around ever so often. That way at least you'll know. I've done that as well

I had Allstate for auto and renters back in the late 1990s. They started off reasonable but each year the price would go up a chunk with no explanation. No claims or anything, just a big jump at each renewal that my agent couldn't explain.

I moved to Farm Bureau/Progressive for home and Geico for autos a decade or so ago, and have had good luck with both.

Do yourself a favor, contact an insurance broker. They will shop the market for your needs and get the best price. I use a broker and shop the market every year. Being a loyal long term customer screws you in the long run.

Use a broker to compare across multiple companies.

I’ve had State Farm for 20 years now. They’re consistently among the cheapest when I compare my Home-Auto-Umbrella policies together. Plus, my rep is AMAZING. PM me if you want her contact info.

When shopping I found Nationwide is usually cheaper on home insurance but much much higher on Auto. State Farm is usually cheaper on Auto but higher on home. But when bundled SF is a bit cheaper. I had 2 interactions with Allstate when their drivers caused accidents I was involved in. They paid me quickly.

Everyone’s auto went down during covid, then they ALL went up in the past 2 years when people started driving again. It’s a usage based business.
Could not agree more on using a broker. My broker shops my policies every renewal period. So far he has kept me with Hancock

Back
Top Bottom