explanation of tattoos

Well in traditional Jewish culture, it was spelled G*d.

I bet they had a hard time chiseling an asterisk on those clay tablets. In my experience, God the entity is always capitalized. While the concept of a god is not. That is what I meant. His usage was wrong, an act some here would not tolerate.

Yep, I have no tattoos but the author sounds like the one with the "issues"...

^^^ This. People have been getting inked since time immemorial. What's the big deal to the OP??? Some introspection is what might be needed. :) People from all different backgrounds have tats. I don't pretend to know half the reasons why someone would get a tattoo, but I'm damned if I'll lose sleep over it. Good grief. Pretty sure "arrogance" etc. is nowhere near the top of the list.

Can only say why I don't have one yet: 1) haven't decided on what to get; 2) fear. of. needles. There, I said it, ha!

Not sure why this blogger hates tattoos so much. Fact is people have been getting tattoo for different reason long before civilized society and without comprehensive knowledge of what arrogence even is. That said... the blogger would be hypocritical if he owns any pictures of any events in his life. Has a fancy car, clothes, shoes, anything materialistic. Wears a cross or any other relegious symbol or done anything that is or is not main stream because you can argue both points.
Bottom line is I dig tattoos just like I dig guns, god, and nature. chick with a full sleeve or a nice ribcage tat??? HOT. I dont care if you like'em. My tats are not FOR you. They are for me. I don't care what they will look like when I'm old. And if you think I am any less of a person then someone without tattoos? That just proves how ignorant you are!

Well said, sir!

The issue lies with your own personal self-esteem. If you’re a person who feels a desire to tattoo himself, you’re one of two types of people. The first group is drawn to tattooing because of a lack of self-respect and a love for themselves and for who they are, which causes these feelings to manifest. “If I had a cool tattoo, maybe then girls will notice me.” Or “If I get a tattoo, guys will think I’m sexy.” Once the root of the action is realized as being that of a desperate ploy for attention due to not appreciating themselves for who they are, and that they are placing that needed feeling of acceptance in the hands of others, the true motivations become clear.

Another personality type is the person who thinks way too much of themselves. The idea that someone may not notice them is unacceptable. They’re awesome. A demi-god among us. This sad delusional state almost always manifests in over adornment. Be it tattoos, gold jewelry or outlandish silly outfits. However, all of this is just the wrapping to a package of arrogance, self-centeredness and an inflating feeling of self-importance commonly known as being a douchbag.

The issue lies with your own personal self-esteem. If you’re a person who feels a desire to BLOG himself, you’re one of two types of people. The first group is drawn to BLOGGING because of a lack of self-respect and a love for themselves and for who they are, which causes these feelings to manifest. “If I had a cool BLOG, maybe then girls will notice me.” Or “If I get a BLOG, guys will think I’m sexy.” Once the root of the action is realized as being that of a desperate ploy for attention due to not appreciating themselves for who they are, and that they are placing that needed feeling of acceptance in the hands of others, the true motivations become clear.

Another personality type is the person who thinks way too much of themselves. The idea that someone may not notice them is unacceptable. They’re awesome. A demi-god among us. This sad delusional state almost always manifests in over adornment. Be it BLOGS gold jewelry or outlandish silly outfits. However, all of this is just the wrapping to a package of arrogance, self-centeredness and an inflating feeling of self-importance commonly known as being a douchbag.

There ....fixed it.

I've never gotten mad for people looking at mine, although that's not why I got them.

I have found tattoos to be a good conversation starter.

You mean a good starter to a conversation...not a starter to a GOOD conversation right? Cuase "what the **** were you thinking?" rarely starts a GOOD conversation.

I have sleeves on both arms. I laugh when idiots like that "blogger" talk about trends or fads, since I started getting tattooed about 30 years ago. I don't really give a crap whether anybody likes my tattoos or not, I didn't get them to impress anyone. Not only that, but my tattoos are representative of my life, my interests, my experiences, but at the same time I don't pretend that they all have some deep intense mystical meaning either.

I don't have any tats and personally couldn't care less about a guy with them one way or the other. I'm just not into guys with or without tats. Now the full facial circus freak looks is disturbing to me but that's just me I guess.

And I think tats on a woman are either a tacky waste of time, defacing a beautiful work of art, like slapping a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, or a spectacular waste of time trying to beautify something that the best thing you could do for is drape in earth tones and winning personality. If a woman is pretty, tats do NOT add to that and if a woman is ugly, skanky or just nasty a tat is only going to make scream what already moans. I've seen big ole gals with orange hair and tats all over, who had obviously given up and decided to go with what they couldn't overcome. I get it, I really do. And while I see the tragedy of the predicament and have no solutions to offer I still can't help thinking that the tat ain't it.

Again, just me.

I don't have any tats and personally couldn't care less about a guy with them one way or the other. I'm just not into guys with or without tats. Now the full facial circus freak looks is disturbing to me but that's just me I guess.

And I think tats on a woman are either a tacky waste of time, defacing a beautiful work of art, like slapping a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, or a spectacular waste of time trying to beautify something that the best thing you could do for is drape in earth tones and winning personality. If a woman is pretty, tats do NOT add to that and if a woman is ugly, skanky or just nasty a tat is only going to make scream what already moans. I've seen big ole gals with orange hair and tats all over, who had obviously given up and decided to go with what they couldn't overcome. I get it, I really do. And while I see the tragedy of the predicament and have no solutions to offer I still can't help thinking that the tat ain't it.

Again, just me.
It's a good thing your not into guys

Back
Top Bottom