explanation of tattoos

Saw a tattoo of a religious verse the other day God was spelled god.

I bet they had a hard time chiseling an asterisk on those clay tablets. In my experience, God the entity is always capitalized. While the concept of a god is not. That is what I meant. His usage was wrong, an act some here would not tolerate.

I always explained it this way:

God Said, "You shall have no other gods before me." Exodus 20:3

All of my sons got it.
:D

im getting one soon, but its the only one i want and its going somewhere thats easy to cover up

i deiced i needed to make sure i was getting exactly what i wanted

I don't have any tats and personally couldn't care less about a guy with them one way or the other. I'm just not into guys with or without tats. Now the full facial circus freak looks is disturbing to me but that's just me I guess.

And I think tats on a woman are either a tacky waste of time, defacing a beautiful work of art, like slapping a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, or a spectacular waste of time trying to beautify something that the best thing you could do for is drape in earth tones and winning personality. If a woman is pretty, tats do NOT add to that and if a woman is ugly, skanky or just nasty a tat is only going to make scream what already moans. I've seen big ole gals with orange hair and tats all over, who had obviously given up and decided to go with what they couldn't overcome. I get it, I really do. And while I see the tragedy of the predicament and have no solutions to offer I still can't help thinking that the tat ain't it.

Again, just me.
Agreed, its just you. You wouldn't oc a glock to impress Dianne feinstein or wear a chinchilla coat to impress some really hot chick, so do you think they care what you think?I just find it silly that 6 months after the storm gun owners found it acceptable to insult someone based on whether or not they have tattoos. My tattoo may mean nothing to you, but it means something to ME and that's why I got it.

I believe Arc was refering to being a smartass about someones ink. Especially one about his Mom. I would probably react the same way, and yes I have a memorial tat about my deceased Mother as well.

this i dont get.

people are critical and can be of everything

tattoos are like bumper stickers you cant take off, and yes there are rude folks in the world but if you are advertising (anything) how mad can you really get?

just saying, i can understand why you would be upset in regards to someone talking trash, but if you have tats that are readily visible aint that kinda putting it out there for anyone to have an opinion then?

I believe Arc was refering to being a smartass about someones ink. Especially one about his Mom. I would probably react the same way, and yes I have a memorial tat about my deceased Mother as well.

Making a snide remark about someone's tattoo(s) isn't the same as making a snide remark about whatever the tattoo is of or "represents." Big difference. It's hard for me to believe your position of "live and let live" when you are willing to resort to violence simply because someone laughs at a drawing that you invited them to have an opinion about. And yes -- getting a drawing on your body in a visible place is inviting someone to like/dislike the drawing.

Making a snide remark about someone's tattoo(s) isn't the same as making a snide remark about whatever the tattoo is of or "represents." Big difference. It's hard for me to believe your position of "live and let live" when you are willing to resort to violence simply because someone laughs at a drawing that you invited them to have an opinion about. And yes -- getting a drawing on your body in a visible place is inviting someone to like/dislike the drawing.
I don't see any difference. The tat is (for me anyway) a memorial to my Mom. It would be like someone making snide remarks about her gravesite, disrespectful. Disrespect should be dealt with, words if possible, but when it comes to MY Mom, apologies would be in order and damned quick too. As a side note though, no one has ever disrespected my ink, not to my face anyway.

Back
Top Bottom