• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Opening Open Carry Experience

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
A few days ago the rOmiFam went out to lunch in Hiram, GA at a little place called Chicken World. Never had heard of it, wanted to do something not franchised and took the plunge. Think of it as a locally owned Zaxby's that serves Chicken and Waffles. Decent chow for a fast food chicken joint....anyhow, on to my point.

About half way through the meal a family comes in with a Mom and Dad in their late 50's and a son in his late twenties who seemed to have his own kid. Three generations out for lunch. Anyhow, what struck me was the leather OWB holster that contained a G17 prominently displayed on the waist of the son and the (what appeared to be) Sigma on the waist of the Mom. Both open carry, both with an untucked t-shirt behind them.

What struck me the most was that no one seemed to notice or care. As we were eating, I casually asked my wife how many guns she thought were in the restaurant (a game we play some times) and she scanned the room for a few seconds (both guns were in plain view to me) and she said "Aside from yours, that big guy with the tattoos looks like he might carry." Even after I specifically asked about the booth the family was sitting in, it took her a second to even see the guns.

Well, they ate and left and were still there...daughter "needed" ice cream....and so while she was finishing that up, I chatted up one of the waitress girls as she was bussing the table and asked if they had a weapons policy. She looked at me with a furrowed brow and said she wasn't sure. I asked simply if they allowed guns in the restaurant and she said "Why? Does somebody have one?" I chuckled and said that two people had just left with one a piece. She asked the girl at the register and she hadn't noticed either.

It made me realize just how unaware of their surroundings the average person is.

I eat there often and have seen OC at least every other time. I think no one notices/cares.
Exactly. I'm always intrigued by people who cc that absolutely freak out at the thought of printing. I mean who in the hell is going to know that you are carrying but someone else that carries? So what if they notice? Unless of course you are scared of guns or people with guns. People's different perspectives on this topic are always amazing to me.

I live in Hiram. I used to OC exclusively and not once has anybody said a single word to me. And I'm not your typical PC resident. So either nobody gives a flip or they don't pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom