• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FAL vs HK91 vs AR10 vs M1A

What would you take into battle?

• FAL

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • HK91

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • AR10

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • M1A

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

WakeSS

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
Forget about AR vs AK... lets talk about REAL rifles :D

I have a FAL and HK91 (clone) but I want to standardize my battle rifle platform.
Personally my FAL is more reliable but I have a 'cheap' 91.

Which one do you like better? Why?

Long term SHTF scenario: Better to have one each or multiples in one platform?

images1.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20100827002050_deadliestfiction_images_8_8b_SVD_Dragunov.jpg

HK
if it is a not a cheapo parts gun.

FAL would be my second choice. First choice if it was a DSA SA58 OSW!!!

never cared for AR10 or M1A.

i like em all but have grown especially fond of the FAL/L1A1 in all its variations. Inherent accuracy with me shooting it, inch guns have better ergos with controls however. My Sub $200 invested STG58 on century cast receiver has equal or better groups than my $2k+ vintage M14 semi on any given day.....hate to say it. The 91 type clone I have and Cetme build shoot great but the delayed action tends to mess up follow up shots for me, I have to reacquire much faster, still shoots acceptable groups that im very happy with and its a shorter rifle.....i dont like the cheek beating from the wonky shaped stock though. I want an AR10 but no one will trade me out of one of my other rifles............wouldnt mind a 308 garand either.

You really gotta shoot em and see what fits you.....i like the FN49 as well.......dont forget that old goat

I've owned HK91 22 years ago when they & ammo were affordable.. never gave me a woodie then (or now), never really understood the allure, although it was a bullet hose to shoot and it felt "solid". Mounting goodies on it could present a problem. Magazines are abundant and were $5 each last November.

I recently got a FN fAL in a trade and was instantly impressed with its accuracy, integral bipod (big plus), durability, weight (lighter than expected) and ergonomics for the money (a grand). Replacement parts are plentiful and its magazines cost more than HK's but are built solid and seem to function well.

I have a AR10/LR-308 and I'm keeping it due to the ease of interchanging the caliber/barrels, quad picatinny rail, ease of working on it (opening it up) and its ability to host a RDIAS. It's basically an AR's larger-heavier twin, even though it's not ergonomically pleasing to me as compared to the FAL. some of the AR10/LR308 parts interchange with the common AR/M16. The magazines are hard to find and are $50-$60 each since November:(

Excellent points.
Sad but magazines are a big part of why the tough decision. I have a stack of HK mags. The FAL mags have been harder to find and were 10x the cost even before the madness.

I have owned a HK 91 copy.. and have shoot all the rest...

I properly fitted M1A is my favorite ... and mags were not that hard to find although expensive compared to Used HK mags...

Plus the M1A is an American made still used today battle rifle...

Back
Top Bottom