• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Family in need of assistance

Flip853

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
This is a friend of the family that just survived a total loss due to a house fire. If you can help by prayer, donations or linking the GoFundMe page to your social media accounts please do. Here's their story and link to make donations: You may have to copy and paste the link into your URL as I can't seem to make it live....

http://www.gofundme.com/jhci2k

On the night of Dec. 29, my sister and her family lost their home to fire. My sister and her husband were at a movie, a very rare date night for them. My oldest niece, 18, was babysitting my younger niece, 10, and had just put her to bed and had gone to her own room afterward. But she walked back into the living room to find that it was on fire, possibly caused by the wood heating stove. She only had time to grab my younger niece and run outside into the bitterly cold Montana night. She didn't even have time to grab shoes, and it was below zero outside. We're hoping she doesn't have frostbite. My sister and brother-in-law arrived home to find their home in flames and their daughters outside shivering in the cold. Because this is a rural area, it was covered by a volunteer fire department and by the time they arrived it was too late to save anything. That's nothing bad about volunteer fire departments; they do good work. It's just a reality. At this point, all my sister and her family have are their car and the clothes they were wearing at the time of the fire. They're unsure if even their pets made it out, which is particularly upsetting for them.
I'm setting up this campaign to help them buy clothes, food, school supplies for my nieces, medications and all other necessities as well as with renting a new place, which will be more expensive than where they were living at the time of the fire. I truly appreciate, and I know they do as well, any and all help anyone can provide to help them get back on their feet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom