• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Farm fresh eggs for Jeddak

Sunday Morning Bump for Jeddak

squirrelUSflag.gif

I'm headed up to a family cabin in Suches, GA... DinkyDau DinkyDau if lftd&pwrstrok'n lftd&pwrstrok'n is avail you want delivery?

I should be around the house, or down at daddy's, most of the day. I will be in and out of bed as I am transitioning from day shift to night shift, but I will be here. Just give me an approx time and I will try to be awake.

I know this is probably the most unusual idea thrown out there to raise money for a brother, but I find it fitting in this situation. I met Alex because of duck eggs :) Shelly was allergic to chicken eggs and we struck a deal that I would provide his duck eggs until he could get his flock built back up. The last time I saw Shelly was last year when she came to pick up eggs. Their hens started laying a week or so later.

But, to the point: I will donate all proceeds from our egg sales for the month of July to Alex and his family. Needless to say, this is more for the local boys and girls, but if you are passing through Newnan maybe we can work something out?

Farm fresh chicken eggs are $4 per dozen on the large/ex large or $4 per dozen for an 18 pack of small/mediums. Duck eggs are $8 per dozen.

At this time, I have 10-12 dozen large chicken eggs and 9 dozen duck eggs w/ 30-40 more eggs added daily.

View attachment 823533 View attachment 823534

people you really should buy these eggs, once you've had FRESH eggs you'll never go back to store bought

I am meeting a member around noon somewhere along Bullsboro if anyone else wants in on delivery today. Down to about 5 dozen duck and 8 dozen large chicken.

people you really should buy these eggs, once you've had FRESH eggs you'll never go back to store bought

I had a new "customer" pick up 3 dozen chicken eggs Thursday night. She asked how old they were. I told her no more than 2 weeks. She wrinkled her nose and looked at me skeptically before saying; "That's too old". I told her, "ma'am, are you aware that, on average, store bought eggs are 3-4 months old when they are put on the shelves?" I offered to replace them if she thought they were too old. Haven't heard anything back from her :)

I had a new "customer" pick up 3 dozen chicken eggs Thursday night. She asked how old they were. I told her no more than 2 weeks. She wrinkled her nose and looked at me skeptically before saying; "That's too old". I told her, "ma'am, are you aware that, on average, store bought eggs are 3-4 months old when they are put on the shelves?" I offered to replace them if she thought they were too old. Haven't heard anything back from her :)
The fresh ones you can leave on the counter top with the butter, as long as you don't refrigerate them..That's how mom did it when I was a kid, Last a long time even at room temp

The fresh ones you can leave on the counter top with the butter, as long as you don't refrigerate them..That's how mom did it when I was a kid, Last a long time even at room temp

As long as you don't wash them. Eggs have a coating on them called "bloom". I have eaten our eggs that sat on the counter for about 3 months, just to test them and I am still alive to type the story. Once they are washed, they have to go in the refrigerator and will be fine for months and months. "They" claim that eggs start to loose some of the flavor after about 2-3 weeks, but honestly, I can't tell it.

On a side note: If you have any question of freshness, do a float test. Put egg in a bowl of water. If it floats, toss it out. If it sinks, perfectly fresh. If it is somewhere in the middle w/ one end floating, eat immediately. The say to boil and eat immediately, but I don't see why the cooking method should matter.

Back
Top Bottom