• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fast Food anyone?

The worst thing that ever happened to this country was the minimum wage law.

You can thank FDR and the "New Deal" for that. It did limit a work week to 44 hours and guarantee OT pay for more than that. But it was part of the Progressive movemnent. BTW: Clinton, Bush and Obama were and are big believers in this movement and look where we are headed.

give it to them.... and when gas jumps to 7.95/gal, Rent is 2400/month and a 20oz coke is 5.95 they might learn economics 101.

Doubtful, they will still complain about not making ends meet and want more Gov't help. It's hard to take away the help once the people become dependant on it. Only those who are trying to better themself will figure out basic economics

Wow.... if they applied all that energy to ohhh... increasing their education, they wouldn't have to force people to pay them more......

Anyone up for a racist taco in Perry for lunch? May pay for one of those skilled employees wages for an hour. For some reason since that thread I've been craving those things.

Nick T

nice

i gave them a raised finger when i drove by them

also those arent fast food workers, those are essentially day laborers paid to stand and picket by unions

give it to them.... and when gas jumps to 7.95/gal, Rent is 2400/month and a 20oz coke is 5.95 they might learn economics 101.

everyone cannot be rich, sad fact, life is a fight.
you either struggle to the top of you settle to the bottom.
they never learned have nor will they learn economics

otherwise they wouldnt be in fast food (and the term burger flipper isnt correct, they really microwave stuff more....flipping burgers is something i do at home on the grill)

"It ain't bout how much you make, It's what you do with what you make."
Trader John

I agree, but if you pay a Fast food server $15/hr then the managers will require more also. Then the cost of your value meal will go up also. Since they want to double the pay per hour of each employee, I would guess thye restuarant will try to get by with less employees while INCREASING the cost of your value meal. Reports say the increase in cost to consumer will only be about 1.5% but I think at least a 40% increase is more realistic. Higher cost and longer wait for same product.

I agree, but if you pay a Fast food server $15/hr then the managers will require more also. Then the cost of your value meal will go up also. Since they want to double the pay per hour of each employee, I would guess thye restuarant will try to get by with less employees while INCREASING the cost of your value meal. Reports say the increase in cost to consumer will only be about 1.5% but I think at least a 40% increase is more realistic. Higher cost and longer wait for same product.
the answer is simple...........dont eat fast food

its bad for business and bad for the economy. the workers will get laid off and reap unemployment so to them they dont care one way or another (someone has to pay in their mind)

Back
Top Bottom