• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fastest crotch rocket in the world

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
The Kawasaki Ninja H2R. All 998 cc, supercharged in line four banger pricing 324HP and 121 ft. lbs. of torque. The bike has hit speed of 249 mph.

Can you imagine being on that beast at speeds over 200 MPH. I have lived through the seventies and owned many muscle cars, through the 80' when even super cars were lack luster in performance. Then all the way through the GM LS that is still ongoing. Along with the Hemi and Ford versions that just pump out gobs of power and torque. However, I am still amazed at the benchmarks that are reached to this day. It's is simply unreal to me to have lived through the first HP wars and now the second where there seems to be no limit. Soak it up gents. The question is how much do you want to spend because these days the sky is the limit. 900 CI engines with power adders producing over 3000 horsepower. Do you think that will get you to the 7-11. 🤣 I love every single HP produced. One day I will get back in after I hit the number of guns I have marked off my bucket list. I will still shoot and enjoy them. It's just most of my play money with be diverted into a full on racer.

Pushed over 150 back in the early 90s on a GSXR, that's plenty for my nerves. Hitting 200 might just be a bucket thing ;)
I hit 150 in a jam up Mustang out on the freeway. I also built a 2002 Ram Air Trans Am that hit 127 in just 1/4 of a mile. I imagine the top end was staggering. However 200 plus just sounds a little radical for this home boy. 😁

Is there any "track" that allows you to get up to 200 miles an hour with enough room for braking for the next turn?

Or is 200+ mph something that requires a couple miles of open road --meaning illegal street racing on public highways?

Is there any "track" that allows you to get up to 200 miles an hour with enough room for braking for the next turn?

Or is 200+ mph something that requires a couple miles of open road --meaning illegal street racing on public highways?
There are some standing 1mile tracks that use runways.

I’ve been about 140-145 on a Suzuki before, about 180 in a built ‘69 SS 427 Chevelle and I don’t know how fast riding with my Dad from College Park to Hollywood Fla in his built ‘70 Charger R/T 440 Magnum. We made that trip in 1972 in just over 10 hours, I have an old Poloroid Instamatic picture of Dad somewhere and he has one hand on the wheel and his left arm on the door and the cruise control is set at 145 mph going down I-75. Being a cop back then he could get away with that stuff, can’t play that crap these days though. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom