• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Shop Support

eflat

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
7   0
Reaction score
Just a quick question for you guys. I know I have my favorite little shop where I get most of my guns from. Normally I will pay a little more money to buy from them when they have something I want, rather than drive 30 minutes to AO just to get it 25-50 bucks cheaper. It makes me feel good to do my part to help out a local small time shop with a staff of people that are absolutely great and bend over backwards to keep my business. I will buy from other places if I find a great deal and happen to be there already but normally I just go see my favorite people. Just curious how many people here do the same thing, because I know a lot of people that do. I just personally think it is something that is lacking in this Country right now is the lack of supporting your local businesses in general, so it makes me feel good.

I have a little shop that I go to. The best thing is that little shop is usually 50-100 cheaper than anywhere else. :)
Anyone else only shop at Sporting Arms in Winterville?

Stoddard's in Douglasville. Nicest, cleanest gun store / range I have ever been to in my life.
Every guy that works there is very friendly and knowledgeable.

http://stoddardsguns.com/

That is definitely my favorite range for sure. Haven't been to another one even close. I just wish they would put some tables in there to sit your gear on while you are shooting. I go there once or twice a week.

The closest shop near me is Chucks in Buckhead and while the people are nice, the guns I tend to be interested in are usually priced much higher than competitors within a 30-40 mile radius. I usually call 10 or so shops that I know have the best prices and choose based on fuel costs, etc. To me, these gun shops are all local, small businesses.

If there is ever a problem, I take it up with the manufacturer since I'd rather get it fixed by them.

I shop at several smaller shops. These businesses serve locally as much more than just a place to buy guns. They generally carry accessories and merchandise that the big box stores don't keep in stock such as ammo in not so mainstream calibers.
They will order nearly anything you want and usually either employ or can put you on to a gunsmith. Lets face it gun people are generally some of the best all around people you will find and the service these shops provide beats big box all day long. In my opinion their service is absolutely worth a few bucks more.

I have seen a couple shops flamed here because the posters feel they weren't treated right while browsing. Most shops if you drop in occasionally and spend a little money even if just on ammo or accessories you will soon separate yourself from the endless parade of tire kickers that walk through the door. Walking in handling all the guns (most want to handle em by the metal instead of the stocks, really bad etiquette) and walking out gets real old to a shop owner who doesn't know you.

Get to know em and support em.

Back
Top Bottom