Favorite Tactics in Hand to Hand Combat

Side step or upper cut with a blade? How do you counter?

It's like a sucker punch with your head, it's unorthodox and unexpected. There likely isn't going to be enough time to counter something you did not see coming.

Think of it like this, you are sitting at a red light and the car behind you rear ends you. By the time you realize you've been hit it's too late and your head has already whipped back and forth probably smashing the steering wheel. Just not enough time to counter if you don't see it coming.

Take out the knee with kicks. Floating ribs, solar plexus or head with palm strikes. Yes, palm strikes. They get the job done WITHOUT getting a broken hand. That **** gets old fast. If you end up grappling, force any joint you can. Don't lock it, break it. This ain't the UFC and you aren't going for a submission.

Last edited:
I've found that if I scream RAPE! in a really high voice and run in place all high knee while turning in a circle the fight just goes away. But that's just me.

It helps that I'm all of 95lbs and look like a teenage girl too. You should try it.
LOL :thumb:

Please explain

Ever seen somebody take a razor across the face? the groin? Gettin' in close isn't all hugs -n- kisses.
There are some truly evil people out there. Don't expect them to play nice.

In San Diego in 80, a guy foiled a bar robbery. Took 14 stabs with a kitchen knife to the gut before he could disengage. A matter of seconds. This guy was twice the size of his attacker. Only reason he lived was the grace of God.

Ever see somebody keep in the fight with a sucking chest wound? They turn all grey and can't breathe, then go all shocky.

Back
Top Bottom