• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fed up with your HOA?

We've got a decent HOA...no issues. And I was Pres for almost 5 yrs
It's good to have one in a nice neighborhood unless they are anal about every little infraction. Keeping unlicensed cars out of yard and driveway, approval of house paint color ( keep the aqua marine and pink out ), just not to the point if your grass is an inch to high or a relative stays the night and their car is on the side of the road. Stuff like that will get the blood boiling.

Wasn’t a fan of ‘em, then the first Monday after we moved in a herd of lawn service guys hit the neighborhood.
Grass cut, hedges and trees trimmed, yards edged, debris blown, raked, and removed. All done weekly.
Also, everyone with a sprinkler system is fed by a well put in by HOA.

Aint no way in hell I would ever PAY someone to tell me WTF to do on MY property.

I used to think that but grew to enjoy a well run neighborhood after we moved in 20 years ago. No crazy paint colors (well one actually). Well maintained pool and tennis courts. Nice neighborhood sign and flowers/ shrubs at the front entrance. Big annual adult pool parties with great cover bands. No junk piled up or cars on jacks anywhere.

Pretty easy to get approval on roof replacement colors and back yard fence design. Permits are required with additions to houses and decks.

A great hoa helps though. I've done my 2 year term twice.

Back
Top Bottom