• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback Needed on logo for new boresighting app

Which logo and which name do you prefer?

• Total voters
Waay too busy on all logos. Do like Zero Verify name.

Verifying true on propeller blades? Jet venturi calibration? The firelogs logo makes me think of gas log sets....

About 10 years ago we paid a consultant to come up with our business logo. Simple was better than busy.

Thanks you fo
Waay too busy on all logos. Do like Zero Verify name.

Verifying true on propeller blades? Jet venturi calibration? The firelogs logo makes me think of gas log sets....

About 10 years ago we paid a consultant to come up with our business logo. Simple was better than busy.
This is very helpful. Thank you.

Zero verify is an easy name and gets right to the point of your product. And now for some criticism. Me personally, I do not like any of those logos. Here are the reasons.

1. All are too busy

2. Colors don’t really match up with what your audience uses, think of darker colors like browns, black, tan, something that gets you thinking about the outdoors or rifle scopes

3. The images in conjunction with the colors give a Silicon Valley, nerdy tech vibe. If I saw that as an app, I wouldn’t know if it were for zeroing scopes or zeroing some other type of instrument.

I would keep it simple and elegant. Like black cross hairs with some type of measurement or POI to show zeroing and then a simple logo to the side or below. That’s just me. Good luck with your endeavors. I wish you the best success.

Thank you! Terrific advice.

I am looking for feedback on a logo and name for a cellphone app and smart gear that work in unison to determine boresight. We are in the final stages of brand development and plan to choose one of the following logos and new name based on responses.

What will the app do?

The app will work with a scoped rifle, tactical optics and hunting/sniping scopes. It allows the user to do three things, bore scope in reference to the rifle chamber, store chamber location, and record the sight setting after the rifle is zeroed. You can check the zero any time when the sight setting has been disturbed. We can then recall the sight setting and verify using the rifle chamber.

Please list your favorite logo and include your favorite business name.
Business names include:
  1. Marksman’s Vault
  2. Shooter’s Vault
  3. Zero Verify
  4. Calibroscope or Calibrosco
  5. Firelog

For reference refer back to Redlegs post on the Record Fire app.
https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/bore-sight-zero-record-app-part-2.1847671/

We are truly grateful for all feedback and support given in this survey! Based on feedback, we decided rather than choosing a logo from the images we started with to simplify further by focusing on a bulleye with overlay. We realize now, the depiction of the rifling, target and line of sight crosshairs were too much to convey and also weren't obvious at first glance. We are currently working on conceptual renderings and infographics depicting how the app and smart-tech work. We will have a website up end of the month and will post updates and links to this thread as we develop further.

This survey has been hugely helpful on the name. Zero Verify may very well be the core of what we are after. We were calling it Record Fire. However, 'record' can mean two things, camera rolling, or record keeping like an old filing cabinet. I didn't want the tech/app to be confused with companies like Tactacam or GoPro.

I personally like Zero Verify because it is also extensible beyond your current mission. If you think of it in generic terms, something to help you understand quickly if you are on target. Same logic can be applied to many sporting/outdoors related lines. Am I on target with this pair of $200 hunting boots? Am I on target with this $300 tent? Am I on target with this $300 sleeping bag? So on and so forth.

We did two logos based on responses. One as a bullseye with the upper right quadrant showing the symbol for sensor and another logo with the initials ZV. We are pretty happy with the way the two letters turned out with a triangle pointing to the center of a bullseye and a second triangle pointing back to the user in the negative space.

Attachments

• LOGO SCREENS.jpg
    LOGO SCREENS.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 20
  • ZVLogo.png
    ZVLogo.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ZV Bullseye.png
    ZV Bullseye.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 20
I am looking for feedback on a logo and name for a cellphone app and smart gear that work in unison to determine boresight. We are in the final stages of brand development and plan to choose one of the following logos and new name based on responses.

What will the app do?

The app will work with a scoped rifle, tactical optics and hunting/sniping scopes. It allows the user to do three things, bore scope in reference to the rifle chamber, store chamber location, and record the sight setting after the rifle is zeroed. You can check the zero any time when the sight setting has been disturbed. We can then recall the sight setting and verify using the rifle chamber.

Please list your favorite logo and include your favorite business name.
Business names include:
  1. Marksman’s Vault
  2. Shooter’s Vault
  3. Zero Verify
  4. Calibroscope or Calibrosco
  5. Firelog

For reference refer back to Redlegs post on the Record Fire app.
https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/bore-sight-zero-record-app-part-2.1847671/

If you'd like, I can workup a couple logos.

Back
Top Bottom