• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feinstein's "list" and how much it matters

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
I felt like I needed to start a thread to clarify one very important thing. That old list that has been circulating this, and other firearms forums means nothing at all. Just because the 10-22, and Sig 522 aren't on it doesn't mean a damned thing. What does matter is the firearms that would be banned by the proposed legislation that has to do with "military features". Check it out.

--All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.

--All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

--All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

--All semiautomatic shotguns that have a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; pistol grip; fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; ability to accept a detachable magazine; forward grip; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; or shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

--All ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Based on this, there would be no way to add a supressor to a pistol, the G17 would ostensibly be banned since it could be argued that it is a semiautomatic version of the G18...etc etc

Last edited:
"Semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm" sure makes me nervous. Somewhere in the world, there are fully-auto versions of all sorts of pistols.

Ex: Glock 18.....

"Semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm" sure makes me nervous. Somewhere in the world, there are fully-auto versions of all sorts of pistols.

Ex: Glock 18.....

Yep, the 18 for sure and who knows if that could legally be applied to the 22 and 31, maybe any 9mm glock or full sized G17 size frame.

She has very little respect in the Senate. Historically her bills have one of the lowest success rates in the Senate. When the moderate republicans or the swing state democrats start publicly agreeing with her then I will start to be concerned. But that's not going to happen. And I already have all the evil black guns and deadly magazines I need.

And if Obama bans thru an Executive Order - the Republicans will cheer for their easy path to the White House in 2016.

Let's not forget she wants all current owners of the listed weapons to apply for a 200 dollar tax stamp and all weapons will be "gradfathered" in, but will be NFA weapons from that point on. Upon death the weapon will be destroyed and cannot be passed on. This is only the beginning. Look at NY State, they have banned everything over 7 rounds. It's for the safety of our children right?

Make no mistake, her end goal is the elimination of private ownership of ALL firearms.

Back
Top Bottom