FFL licensce for multiple states

abailey362

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
How hard is it for an individual to get an ffl for multiple states? Is it a separate process for each state, or is it easier for an established licensee to have a second or third location in other states? Also, if you had a class iii in two states, do you still have to submit a form 3 to move items between the two locations?

I have been contemplating starting the process for myself, and think it would be very beneficial to have a "location" in both AL and TN. I live about 3 miles from the state line and the only dealer close to me is on the AL side of the street, but this limits his clientele since the other side of main street is in TN.

Interesting question, I believe you have to have a physical location for another FFL in a different state. Would the FFL be under the same corporate name?

I would have 2 separate physical locations.
I know you can just drive regular guns to the other location.

so all the chains (dick's, gander, etc) have a different license number for each location?

I would have 2 separate physical locations.
I know you can just drive regular guns to the other location.

so all the chains (dick's, gander, etc) have a different license number for each location?

You could drive them between, but they'd have to go in and out of each a&d book.

And yes. Each has a different license number based on their locations.

How hard is it for an individual to get an ffl for multiple states? Same as for one , Is it a separate process for each state, or is it easier for an established licensee to have a second or third location in other states? Each location would be subject to individual state laws , Ga. for instance requires a state permit to sell pistols less than 12 inches overall Also, if you had a class iii in two states, do you still have to submit a form 3 to move items between the two locations? Yes.

I have been contemplating starting the process for myself, and think it would be very beneficial to have a "location" in both AL and TN. I live about 3 miles from the state line and the only dealer close to me is on the AL side of the street, but this limits his clientele since the other side of main street is in TN.

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom