• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppresser recommendations for AR-15/ 5.56

I don't think you can beat YHM Turbo's for the money. I happen to like the T1 and T2 over the T3. Fatcat is pretty cool too. The KGM R556 was pretty awesome when they were $300-400, however they have a proprietary muzzle device(not HUB or Silencerco Bravo compatible). Surefire's also have very expensive mounts.

If I had to pickout by sound and gas if I was shooting an RC2 or Turbo T2 I don't know if I could tell you the difference.

30 cal cans sound great on 5.56. They are just heavier. So if you think you'll ever want to suppress an AR10 which is awesome, you might consider that. There are more good options than bad, just don't try to get one can to do everything.

I think Dead Air has their stuff together more so than last year. Personally, I really like Silencerco, Rex, YHM, to name a few.
Dead Air is dead to me now due to past issues and then spotty CS after an issue. Subsequently, so is KGM.

YHM makes decent stuff. But heavy. Don't feel like they do anything particularly well either.

As far as ease of ordering, Silencer Central is where it's at. I just ordered their Banish 30 and had a great customer service experience. If you want the phone # of the rep I dealt with PM me, he's great

Been running a Griffin Armament Recce 5 for my dedicated 556 can for a couple years now with no issues. When I ordered it, it was one of the shortest and quietest cans in the market and has a taper mount system that’s pretty slick. There may be newer or better cans now, not sure. Still worth a look.

I have the silencerco saker. Suppresses well and built like a tank. I use it on 10.5 up to 18. It’s the only dedicated 5.56 I have owned so I have nothing to compare it to. Biggest complaint is it gets stuck sometimes and I need to hit with a rubber mallet to get it to twist off/detach. It’s old, so I’m sure there are newer and better toys out there, but I’m happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom