• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppresser recommendations for AR-15/ 5.56

Spas-12 Owner

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
NRA Instructor and Chief RSO
565   0
Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations on which suppressor to purchase. These current wait time have me thinking it's time to get one.

I have no clue about suppressors.

What I want if possible...

A suppressor that will work well with standard M193 ( I know it's not Sub's.)

Work well on different barrel lengths ( 10.3 to 18 inch lengths currently)

Easily obtained Muzzle attachments.

Anything fit the bill?

Price wise is not important but I'd rather not go super high-end, I'm more of a midteir gun guy but I don't mind a cry once if that's needed.

Most updated wall:

20240225_180745.jpg

What is most important to you? Back pressure? Sound mitigation? Weight?

I intend to get a Huxwrk, but the 10k round lifespan has kept me from purchasing one. But, low back pressure and suppresses nicely.

Surefire RC2 for low backpressure and signature reduction, but they are loud.

My next 556 can is likely to be a CGS Helios QD. Lower back pressure. No barrel length restrictions. OR, and Energetic Armament ARX. Once again, no barrel length restrictions and its HUB compatible so pick the muzzle devices you want to run or already have on hand.

What is most important to you? Back pressure? Sound mitigation? Weight?

I intend to get a Huxwrk, but the 10k round lifespan has kept me from purchasing one. But, low back pressure and suppresses nicely.

Surefire RC2 for low backpressure and signature reduction, but they are loud.

My next 556 can is likely to be a CGS Helios QD. Lower back pressure. No barrel length restrictions. OR, and Energetic Armament ARX. Once again, no barrel length restrictions and its HUB compatible so pick the muzzle devices you want to run or already have on hand.

IDK what's most important. I would guess sound mitigation. Weight not so much.

I don't think you can beat YHM Turbo's for the money. I happen to like the T1 and T2 over the T3. Fatcat is pretty cool too. The KGM R556 was pretty awesome when they were $300-400, however they have a proprietary muzzle device(not HUB or Silencerco Bravo compatible). Surefire's also have very expensive mounts.

If I had to pickout by sound and gas if I was shooting an RC2 or Turbo T2 I don't know if I could tell you the difference.

30 cal cans sound great on 5.56. They are just heavier. So if you think you'll ever want to suppress an AR10 which is awesome, you might consider that. There are more good options than bad, just don't try to get one can to do everything.

I think Dead Air has their stuff together more so than last year. Personally, I really like Silencerco, Rex, YHM, to name a few.

I don't think you can beat YHM Turbo's for the money. I happen to like the T1 and T2 over the T3. Fatcat is pretty cool too. The KGM R556 was pretty awesome when they were $300-400, however they have a proprietary muzzle device(not HUB or Silencerco Bravo compatible). Surefire's also have very expensive mounts.

If I had to pickout by sound and gas if I was shooting an RC2 or Turbo T2 I don't know if I could tell you the difference.

30 cal cans sound great on 5.56. They are just heavier. So if you think you'll ever want to suppress an AR10 which is awesome, you might consider that. There are more good options than bad, just don't try to get one can to do everything.

I think Dead Air has their stuff together more so than last year. Personally, I really like Silencerco, Rex, YHM, to name a few.

I won't be suppressing 30 cal. That I know.

Thank you for the information.

Back
Top Bottom