• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FFL on rental property

Here is a thread on the subject:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1224895

I wouldn't do it, myself. They really can (and often will) come by at odd times for inspection. To do that, I bet they would notify the owner. Complete PIA. I would also be very concerned about theft. You need a way to really secure your firearms and your FFL book. You really, really don't want to lose that book. Seems like most rental places it would be hard to think of very secure way to store that thing. And did I mention you really don't want that book stolen?

You should've rented my place on 6th Street. Then you would have had a cool land-lord that would support your business!

:D

Still available, btw...

Check zoning first. That can be a real problem. There are many more restriction on zoning when dealing with an FFL. When I started my ammo business it was a one man operation that could have been easily done on my home bench. I also lived on 11 acres in the country zoned agricultural, so neighbors were not an issue. Zoning was an absolute "NO". I ended up having to lease a properly zoned building long before I actually needed it. I couldn't even apply for an FFL before I had all that done. This may have all been because I was making ammo rather than just selling it, but that was not the impression I got.

Back
Top Bottom