Fiber Optic Sights recommendations

Which would you go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just had the TruGlo put on a Gen 5 G19 over at the Glock factory, and they are sweet. I think these hybrid night/fiber sights are definitely the way of the future for carry guns.

For plain old fiber sights, I'm not sure the brand makes much difference though. They all use the same fiber, and I've never really noticed a big difference in durability.

Dawson comes with both, you can pick red or green. I prefer green, they stand out way more to me.

Terrible at night. If you want to see them at night, buy night sights.

Agreed. Dawson on my STI and I love it at the range--plane black rear and red front sight. But I have TruGlo on other pistols and I think they're a good compromise for where I want night sights. My STI is the slickest pistol I own but it's a range toy.

I use Hi-Viz or Dawson precision myself.
really depends a lot on the particular weapon.
Dawson has a lot of different weapons covered and offers height sizes.
Hi -Viz has the option on most models to change the Fiber Optic rod without cutting it and offers several colors of rods.
both work equally well for me on a number of different weapons.

Dawson comes with both, you can pick red or green. I prefer green, they stand out way more to me.

Terrible at night. If you want to see them at night, buy night sights.
Night sights are terrible at night too. If you plan to shoot in the dark (or want to be prepared for it) get a weapon light.

Back
Top Bottom