• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Filet Knives

I’m kind of a fillet knife geek. I would agree with all of these posted. I loved the bubba blade at first and now not so much. The Teflon isn’t like it once was and I’m not a fan of the edge it keeps. Victorinox also makes a very good one. It’s nothing fancy and very reasonably priced. It’s a got a lot of backbone and sharpens very nice.
I’ve cleaned at least 100 crappie this month and clean them year round. BY FAR... the best is the Cutco. Hands down. It’s sharp as hell and that blade will flex and is precise. They are expensive, but they are worth it. I bet mine is 15 years old.

I’m kind of a fillet knife geek. I would agree with all of these posted. I loved the bubba blade at first and now not so much. The Teflon isn’t like it once was and I’m not a fan of the edge it keeps. Victorinox also makes a very good one. It’s nothing fancy and very reasonably priced. It’s a got a lot of backbone and sharpens very nice.
I’ve cleaned at least 100 crappie this month and clean them year round. BY FAR... the best is the Cutco. Hands down. It’s sharp as hell and that blade will flex and is precise. They are expensive, but they are worth it. I bet mine is 15 years old.
This is what I was looking for when I started the post. Price doesn't matter as long as it's o e that will last. I'd rather pay a higher price now than buy 5 of the others over time.

9F2CA97E-F211-44D1-BDAF-7433ABB4B248.jpeg
C2640B72-34FE-4CC8-9638-995C7540B34F.jpeg
C2640B72-34FE-4CC8-9638-995C7540B34F.jpeg
Iv’e got a drawer full of fillet knives ranging from $15 to $100 dollars. By far and hands down the best knife you can buy is the Bubba Knife. You can clean a mess of fish, or you can make a mess of a bunch of fish.

Cutco is the absolute best option. Buy once cry once
The first time I was introduced to the Cutco knives was about 25 years ago when my cousins buddy was selling them like door to door. He set up a demo with my uncle (a true southern mans man). He finally got to the fillet knife which I was absolutely positive my uncle was going to buy. He pulls the knife out and went to cut through a rope or something. The knife went through it and his other hand and finger with ease. There was blood everywhere and I was thinking WTF. The dude instantly wraps up his hand holding it over his head and was heading out to the ER. As he is rushing out my uncle calmly stops him and says how much for the knife. The guy kinda laughs it off and he says if any man believes in his product that much, then I’m buying. He wouldn’t let the guy leave with the fillet knife. Haha

https://www.whiteriverknives.com/collections/fishing/products/fillet-traditional-8-cork

Hands down the most badass filet knife I have ever owned. A wee bit pricey but it weighs nothing and floats with the cork handle. Also lifetime warranty. Leather sheath with a snap that’s built into the bottom of the handle. Bought it at Blade and the guy told me if I bent it , broke it, or simply couldn’t get it sharp again to send it back.

Back
Top Bottom