• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally finished off my 50 cal - Places to shoot?

Any closer ones that offer something out to only 300-400 just so I can get my toes wet? I need to work on some basics first and just get comfortable with the rifle. Don’t want to make a total fool out of myself the first time out.
You won't, I bring my .50 BMG to every ODT shoot and I'll bet the guys shoot it more than I do! :) You'll make friends real quick. at 3-400 yards you are basically shooting a laser that obliterates whatever you are aiming at. Same at 1,000 but more fun close in.

You won't, I bring my .50 BMG to every ODT shoot and I'll bet the guys shoot it more than I do! :) You'll make friends real quick. at 3-400 yards you are basically shooting a laser that obliterates whatever you are aiming at. Same at 1,000 but more fun close in.
P PyratM if you’re even half as generous as Ringleader Ringleader , you’ll make real good friends.

Dead Zero has my vote. 1,000 yards with a .50 will keep you happy for a short amount of time. Will have to go out to The Arena to get the full experience with the .50! Nice build. Hopefully my Cadex Tremor .50 will be ready sometime next year.

Elk River Training Center, Pelham TN: 1000yds

Dead Zero, Franklin TN: 1000yds

Arena Training Center, Blakely GA: approx 2000m

The Sawmill, Laurens SC: 1400yds

Any closer ones that offer something out to only 300-400 just so I can get my toes wet? I need to work on some basics first and just get comfortable with the rifle. Don’t want to make a total fool out of myself the first time out.

There’s a place out to a 1000 in Athens, Georgia. I don’t know the name off hand. I’ll ask my brother. Also 400 yards is a joke for .223. You’ll be on in 3 shots with a rifle like that. I would recommend getting to a 1000 yard range and walking out to distance.

EDIT: valley view clays, danielsville, Georgia
Gunsite Hill, Lexington Ga

Elbert County Gun Club, Elberton. GA

Elbert County Gun Club, Elberton. GA
Check all the rules before you go to Elberton Gun Club. I joined a long time ago and things were very chill. Then the fudd rules started to creep in slowly and then it was a deluge of what you couldn't do with "Modern Sporting Rifles" (their words). Been years since I no longer renewed and maybe things have changed. Go on the weekday and barely anyone there. Place is usually packed on the weekends. Trap & skeet take precedence there as well.

Dead Zero has my vote. 1,000 yards with a .50 will keep you happy for a short amount of time. Will have to go out to The Arena to get the full experience with the .50! Nice build. Hopefully my Cadex Tremor .50 will be ready sometime next year.
I've heard that Dead Zero is a very good!

Address for those who want to map it:

1195 TN-111
Spencer, TN 38585

Back
Top Bottom