• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally finished off my 50 cal - Places to shoot?

Went to Elk River recently. Can't recommend the range enough. Its owned and operated by a former SOF gentleman whos an EXPERT at precision work. He helped me sight in my barrett and I hit my first 1000yd shot in less than 10 rounds after never having shot past 300yards in general. Be nice though. Theyre great people and despite causing quite an inconvenience for them with my first time out , they were nothing but amazing towards me. Call ahead if you're taking your .50cal out so they can make sure you're accommodated properly.

Attachments

• 20221123_121849.jpg
    20221123_121849.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 31
Scope and ammo?

Went to Elk River recently. Can't recommend the range enough. Its owned and operated by a former SOF gentleman whos an EXPERT at precision work. He helped me sight in my barrett and I hit my first 1000yd shot in less than 10 rounds after never having shot past 300yards in general. Be nice though. Theyre great people and despite causing quite an inconvenience for them with my first time out , they were nothing but amazing towards me. Call ahead if you're taking your .50cal out so they can make sure you're accommodated properly.

Now I really need to go shoot. These things multiply like rabbits. Thinking of going to either Elk River or Dead Zero. They are closest to me.

Attachments

• 0F3758A4-B57E-47B7-BECC-12E12341F5AA.jpeg
    0F3758A4-B57E-47B7-BECC-12E12341F5AA.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 20
Thanks to @Mammoth Armory, I finally have a scope for my plinker. Now, where are the closest places to shoot a 50 out to a decent distance? I’m in Waleska. Very much a noob in the long range thing so I don’t need crazy distance to start with.
Nice .50! 👍

I personally run a Barrett M99 w/ a NF ATACR 5-25.

Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill, TN is my go-to but the waiting list to get a membership was quite lengthy (just shy of 2 years for my wife and I).

I'd certainly love to find somewhere a bit closer for those spur-of-the-moment weekend trips to put a few rounds downrange. I'm not above bribing my way into a good spot if all it costs is a few rounds downrange for someone else haha.

M99 - NF ATACR 5-25.jpg

Back
Top Bottom