• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms Shipping State to State?

hondoptc

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
24   0
Reaction score
I need to get a couple of my pistols home from Florida and I dont want to check them as baggage. Anybody have a legal way of mailing them to myself in Georgia? I'd rather not have to pay a transfer fee with an FFL.

Put them into a locked transport case, that into your checked luggage. Ammunition, if you have any, goes into another container and keep it in the original manufacturer's packaging.

Most important thing to do is check (and print out) the policies regarding this from the airline on which you are flying.

You can send them via UPS or Fed Ex to a Georgia address, sent you yourself, and "c/o" who ever is at the address.

Or if you don't have anyone you can trust, you can send them UPS or Fed Ex, to yourself, hold for pickup at the nearest UPS or Fed Ex depot or store. They will hold it 10 days I believe.

Pricey.

IF you check them as baggage, confirm with the gate agent that they are insured and for what amount, and make sure to purchase additional insurance if necessary. Airline insurance notoriously sucks.

Did you check the airline regs? I'm sure you can place them into an inexpensive lockable container that will fit into a suitcase. The airline is prohibited from placing any type of identifying marker on your bag so most of the baggage handlers would never even know there were pistols inside. A separate Pelican case? They have an idea that there is something valuable inside.

Back
Top Bottom