• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First AR-15 Build

Boatman

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm finally in the market to learn about and afford my first Ar-15 build!!!! Yes I'm very excited. I was wondering where i should start first, I'm in the Kennesaw area an would like some help from anyone willing to help me through the build and possible help me build it. I have ideas of what I'm looking for and how much I'm looking to pay, but I'm not sure about all the smaller details. Any help would be appreciated, also pictures of your own personal builds would be nice so I can possibly gain others ideas. Also I'm willing to wait to figure all of this out, I don't need it tomorrow.

Thanks Everyone

Don't think either of these guys are in your area, but ChopperDuke has put out a few instructional videos. Colt0101 is starting a custom weapons building business to include AR's, and there is a plethera of folks on here to answer any questions ya got. Good luck and welcome!

Yeah i'd actually like to meet up and sit down and talk about what im looking for and gain any ideas on where to get these parts and about how much i may be looking to pay.I would really like to watch and help someone build it considering ill probably only build one and don't have the specific tools/knowledge to build it.

Here's something to start you off with.....

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/index.html

But before you even look at that, the first thing I would do is figure out what you'll be using this AR for. Hunting, SD, range gun, etc... Then I would go shoot some if you haven't already to find out what you like. The options are almost endless. Shoot me a PM if you need to.

That's a bit of a drive from Kennesaw but thanks for the offer, the main questions I have are. What caliber to get, where to get all the parts so I'm not overpaying, whats brands, and how to build and or who to help mebuild it. Simple right hahahah there are a few smaller questions but they might be answered by answering my other questions

My brother in law has a S&W i think in .223 with an EO-tech holographic sight, shoots like a dream but i would make slight changes to it for my personal taste

Are we talking building from the ground up everything or a lower, LPK, and complete upper? Also, what kind of purpose is the rifle going to have? What are you wanting to use it for? And finally how much are you wanting to spend?

Back
Top Bottom