• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

first NFA item...what would you choose???

gh00747

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   1
Reaction score
Alright fellas, its been a nice snow day so I have had plenty of time to poke around the internet...But time to ask my awesome ODT community of their opinion on a first NFA item. Hopefully most of you aren't too intoxicated yet to give a valid reply ;)
1) .22lr can anything from huntertown arms to silencerco
2) silencerco .45 osprey the host would be a sig scorpion 1911, if that is pertinant or not I will find out!
3) DD MK18
I already have my trust set up, just nothing on it yet. I have always been told to start out with naturally sub sonic rounds, but eventually the mk18 would get a can from silencerco. I know this is mostly a personal decision, but what is a good can caliber to start out with? The way .22 has beeen priced the past year and a half makes me think it would be a waste, and to just go with a .45, anwyas opinions....ready GO!

22 can first. They are the most fun and most affordable.
While I do agree most affordable, the price of .22lr makes me say no to it. Not like .45 or 556 ammo is any better! LOL. 300blackout would be a nice option as well, but ammo prices on that are god awful...Im not trying to sound like a cheap ass of course ;)

While I do agree most affordable, the price of .22lr makes me say no to it. Not like .45 or 556 ammo is any better! LOL. 300blackout would be a nice option as well, but ammo prices on that are god awful...Im not trying to sound like a cheap ass of course ;)

I picked up just over 3000 rounds of 22 this week in preparation of the arrival of my rimfire can. Paid retail for every bit of it. Even picked up 1000 rounds of Federal Subsonic Suppressor ammo for 80 bucks.

I only voted #2 because I don't have a 22 and mainly shoot .45. The price and availability on 22lr should go back to normal in time, but it can still be found at normal prices if you know where to look, so don't let that deter you.

I picked up just over 3000 rounds of 22 this week in preparation of the arrival of my rimfire can. Paid retail for every bit of it. Even picked up 1000 rounds of Federal Subsonic Suppressor ammo for 80 bucks.

That federal is some damn good ammo. You wont be disappointed. What kinda of rimfire can are you gettin? My favorite is my savage fv-sr with a sparrow. All I can say is that, it awesome!

That federal is some damn good ammo. You wont be disappointed. What kinda of rimfire can are you gettin? My favorite is my savage fv-sr with a sparrow. All I can say is that, it awesome!

I have a HTA Guardian 9, HTA Guardian 22, and Innovative Arms Mini Grunt 5.56 coming. I can shoot 22LR through them all, but will pretty much stick to the HTA Guardian 22. My FV-SR and 4" 22LR SBR will be the two host that see the most action.

If getting a Huntertown, just go ahead and get the 5.56 Kestrel. Then you can shoot your AR without protection. Scratch that, always use protection.

Back
Top Bottom