• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First piebald I've seen

Buddy killed this on the club yesterday. 4 to 5 years worth of trail cam pics

Attachments

• 20221029_102154.jpg
    20221029_102154.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 34
It would have to be a pretty big one for me to shoot it. I hope he lives long and passes the genes down for many years.

It’s a genetic disorder that they may or may not pass on. They are beautiful and cool to get the chance to see but I wouldn’t let them walk

I shot a piebald 5 pointer when I was 18. I have a pic around here somewhere…I was going to get him mounted and had him stored in my cousin’s freezer for a couple weeks, but my cousin decided to unplug that freezer one day to use the outlet and forgot to plug it back in, so the hide was ruined. Dumb ass.

I have seen 2 piebalds in my life. The 5 pointer and a small doe a few years later, about 100 yards from where I shot the 5 pointer. I saw her during the summertime so I wasn’t hunting.

It’s a genetic disorder that they may or may not pass on. They are beautiful and cool to get the chance to see but I wouldn’t let them walk

I know it doesn't pass on with every breeding. I wasn't going to shoot a button buck over it though. Had he been a decent shooter deer then I wouldn't have hesitated. I hope there are several more in the area. This is at a tract of land I just started hunting last year. I only hunt there once a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom