• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

Thanks for the input everyone, it is much appreciated. I have been studying my local topo maps and have areas of interest marked, I'm hoping to get out today and do some scouting. I'm just trying to fill the freezer this year and will save the trophy hunting when i can scout in advance.

Thanks for the input everyone, it is much appreciated. I have been studying my local topo maps and have areas of interest marked, I'm hoping to get out today and do some scouting. I'm just trying to fill the freezer this year and will save the trophy hunting when i can scout in advance.

Where are you hunting at? I'm in your neck of the woods.

Yeah you aren't far away from me at all, i see you hunt on base... The first area i want to try is the James L Mason wma on the Carolina side by the lake.

If you catch the addiction you should put in for the lottery on base next year. Everyone gets selected and I can show you some good spots.

Man, a first deer, any deer, is a trophy. It's the one you will remember best for the rest of your life. I killed my first deer 44 years ago and can still clearly remember every detail of that hunt. It was a small doe.

Man, a first deer, any deer, is a trophy. It's the one you will remember best for the rest of your life. I killed my first deer 44 years ago and can still clearly remember every detail of that hunt. It was a small doe.

I remember my 1st kill too, 31 yrs ago...little button buck.

Good luck out there. lots of good advice shared already, so have fun and be safe.

Back
Top Bottom