First time THIS has happened....

Braxton1

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
12   0
Reaction score
Wear your safety glasses Boys and Girls....

This weekend, I was running the Chronograph stage at the state USPSA match. I had to pull a bullet to weigh it for my first shooter on Saturday. Put the cartridge into a kinetic bullet puller and hit it on a wood bench sitting next to me. The round detonated and shards of plastic, the collet, primer, and case went everywhere.

Luckily, everyone in the area had glasses on and I wasn't standing over it when it happened.

Over 35 years of doing this. Hundreds (if not thousands) of bullets pulled in my shop and while doing matches, and this is the first in-puller detonation that I've heard of, let alone experienced.

I've used a kinetic puller forever and it's never happened to me either but I figured my luck might be running out so I switched over to a Hornady collet puller about a month ago.

Wear your safety glasses Boys and Girls....

This weekend, I was running the Chronograph stage at the state USPSA match. I had to pull a bullet to weigh it for my first shooter on Saturday. Put the cartridge into a kinetic bullet puller and hit it on a wood bench sitting next to me. The round detonated and shards of plastic, the collet, primer, and case went everywhere.

Luckily, everyone in the area had glasses on and I wasn't standing over it when it happened.

Over 35 years of doing this. Hundreds (if not thousands) of bullets pulled in my shop and while doing matches, and this is the first in-puller detonation that I've heard of, let alone experienced.
Wow!
Glad there were no injuries. I have used one extensively, also for many years and have never seen that happen.
I'll bet that got attention! I would at the least send manufacturer pics of the pieces.

4xUEpoh.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom