• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fixed Blade EDC

Aaaargh!

My wife just saw your toxic green, acid etched blade.
She loves zombie green, M1911s and pump action 12 gauges.
I don't check the house for noises any more, she's got it covered.....

Could you put those scales on the 4" drop point in the beginning of this thread?
Would the green layers work with scaloped scales like that first knife is?

Aaaargh!

My wife just saw your toxic green, acid etched blade.
She loves zombie green, M1911s and pump action 12 gauges.
I don't check the house for noises any more, she's got it covered.....

Could you put those scales on the 4" drop point in the beginning of this thread?
Would the green layers work with scaloped scales like that first knife is?

Actually I'm making one right now but it has a modified tanto shape. It is for a usn get together giveaway. But I'll post a pic tomorrow and pm you before I go. They may get something else!
To answer your question..yes I can make it.

Oh wait..I just went back and looked. Are you talking about the drop point with the multicam sheath? I can still make it. It should look cool.

Last edited:
Oh wait..I just went back and looked. Are you talking about the drop point with the multicam sheath? I can still make it. It should look cool.

Yes, it is about a 4" drop point with black scalloped scales that BP14 posted.
4inchDP.jpg
Awesome, I'll send you a PM!

Hey, when I get so lazy that I can't find my wife a second job, then I ought to just spank the monkey with a hammer.
Just sayin'!!!
:doh:

lol, this from the guy who's wife is cool enough to slip back at a knife show and pick him up a nice little present. You married a good one brother.

I've been carrying one of Danny's (fatzombie) knives for several weeks now in a multi-cam sheath that I made. It is a 4" drop point, but a little above your price range. I have been very happy with it's performance for daily tasks. It is holding an excellent edge and has lived through more abuse than most people put their knives thru.
i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_IMAG0337.jpg

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_IMAG0339.jpg

Before that I was carrying an ESEE-4. The 4" knives are a little large to be trying to conceal. If concealment is a concern I would lean towards a smaller knife like the ESEE-3. They offer a couple of different blade types. Their "clip point" has a sharpened top edge and may be more of a self-defense blade than the standard. http://emgear.net/Products/ProductPage.aspx?id=1508 The ESEE knives come with a fairly large sheath that is designed to be attached to a pack, but there are several kydex sheath makers (shameless plug!) that can make a more concealable sheath and still be within your budget.

Danny also has a bad ass tanto blade knife that is a little smaller than mine that you may be interested in. Hopefully he will post a couple of pictures. I'm not sure of the price.

I had the chance to hold this knife a few days ago and check it out. I was quite impressed. FatZombie does some nice work. I see one with a green handle in my future.

Back
Top Bottom