• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Flip up iron sights...in the market and looking for opinions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
I personally hate Magpuls cheap sights...I'm a big fan of Troy and KAC sights......anyone have any other recommendations of high quality sights.....Veterans - battle proven?

Am I missing out on a quality sight other than Troy or Knights Armament?

I've always ran KAC and Troy too, picked up a set of the Magpul Pros for a good enough deal when Primary ran a Black Friday sale. So far I do like Magpuls, they're built well enough the front sight is almost identical to the KAC, I'm still trying to get used to the rear sight though, its just kinda a weird shape my eyes typically search for the KAC rear sight, I'm not used to yet, but the quality is there.

The newer MBUS Pro LR rear sight has both windage and elevation adjustments, which is nice.

Actually; Troy, Samson, Ma-Tech, Magpul, Diamondhead all make great iron sights. You just need to check them out and decide what meets your purpose.

However, don't rule out the polymer Magpul sights. A guy did a drop test a few years ago using actual BUIS and MBUS sights. The MBUS held zero better than iron after abuse. Here's a link to the review.

http://kitup.military.com/2012/07/back-up-iron-sight-drop-test.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom