• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

I just caught my first Salmon on a fly rod. It was an 18# hen. My buddy caught a 27# buck on the same setup. We were bottom-bouncing beads and flys.
I was using a 10 weight Echo Ion reel and rod. This setup worked very well against these fish. It was a really cool experience to say the least. I’m going back to Michigan in the Spring for the Steelhead run. I saw a few Steelhead in there with the Salmon this past week, but never got one.
CBFB4733-403A-478E-A3A3-3EDA51C9AF94.jpeg
48848EAF-5CD0-422C-868D-511C76158E3B.jpeg

I just caught my first Salmon on a fly rod. It was an 18# hen. My buddy caught a 27# buck on the same setup. We were bottom-bouncing beads and flys.
I was using a 10 weight Echo Ion reel and rod. This setup worked very well against these fish. It was a really cool experience to say the least. I’m going back to Michigan in the Spring for the Steelhead run. I saw a few Steelhead in there with the Salmon this past week, but never got one.
View attachment 2316254 View attachment 2316255
that ain't villa rica.

Better than any shrink I have ever been to! Watch a few videos, find a small pond and stop by a few days a week. After 2-3 weeks, you will have the motion down.

If done PROPERLY, it is not hard on the shoulders. Watch anything by Lefty Kreh.
I was just about to recommend Lefty, too. Almost effortless casting.

Back
Top Bottom