• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Bones are they only one I found harder
Those are definitely on the list. Same guide does tarpon in the spring in Apalachicola bay on the fly. He says it's common for the boat to catch 6-8 fish on a full day. My oldest and I are gonna try to go down in April for a couple days before he heads back to Alaska.

Those are definitely on the list. Same guide does tarpon in the spring in Apalachicola bay on the fly. He says it's common for the boat to catch 6-8 fish on a full day. My oldest and I are gonna try to go down in April for a couple days before he heads back to Alaska.
I envy him! Last on my list is to go to Whalers Cove Lodge up there..All inclusive 4 days 4 nights of pants wetting adventure...

I envy him! Last on my list is to go to Whalers Cove Lodge up there..All inclusive 4 days 4 nights of pants wetting adventure...
I can hook a brother up. My son is on the Kenai Peninsula and guides for 6 months of the year.
25086.jpeg
11720.jpeg
11569.jpeg

I seem to gravitate to 3-4 weight rods, 8 ft and under. Been killing it with my Reddington butterstick , second version, got on clearance for cheap. 4wt, 7’6” . I also love my orvis Clearwater , same size but a 3wt.
i also tend toward 3wt. rods. They are the bomb for the bluegill at the house. So are the small Tenkara rods i have. I never tire nor loose excitement when wearing the bream out.

Tarpon are an absolute blast on the fly rod, small, medium or large...they are all size fun!

Give permit a shot if you really want to drive yourself crazy, bones are tough because they are so hard to spot and you gotta be quick, but if you get a half way decent cast in front of em, you can get the to eat on a semi regular basis.

Permit are a total different level of crazy neurotic refuse the fly fish...lol

Give permit a shot if you really want to drive yourself crazy, bones are tough because they are so hard to spot and you gotta be quick, but if you get a half way decent cast in front of em, you can get the to eat on a semi regular basis.

Permit are a total different level of crazy neurotic refuse the fly fish...lol
Never caught a permit on a fly rod..Only on spinner.. On the fly would be a hoot!

Back
Top Bottom