• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

I cant get enough of fly fishing.

I never thought I would be a convert but its just a outrageously addictive sport.

I am starting this thread for all of us and those of you who love, like or are interested in Fly Fishing.

Post up questions, Places to fly fish, Thoughts, Equipment pics, Fish pics and tales of adventure!

(Here is my new rig I got off of FB marketplace for a ridiculous price. )

c4143d39-6f0a-4041-8ae2-d00498db4b2f-jpeg.2268029
fly.jpeg

Does anyone use high end fly rods? Winston’s , Oyster bamboo? Orvis Helios? Thomas and Thomas? How do they compare to mid range priced rods? Feel? Casting?
You typically get what you pay for. Easier casting and more accurate. I've used them, but have never seen the need to buy one.

Does anyone use high end fly rods? Winston’s , Oyster bamboo? Orvis Helios? Thomas and Thomas? How do they compare to mid range priced rods? Feel? Casting?

Bill Oyster builds a beautiful bamboo rod. BUT, there is no way I could afford $3k for a fishing rod and even if I could, I would be scared to use it!

I think about buying a quality rod every time I need a new one, (because I either broke the old one or left it leaning against a tree somewhere).
Then I realize how little sense it would make for a guy like me.....

Back
Top Bottom