FN introduces the 509

Word from a couple of my FN cronies is that the out of box accuracy is superb. Much better than the FNS which to me wasn't to shabby.

I too really felt the mag release is MUCH improved

As already stated, if they had better aftermarket and cheaper mags, I would most likely go with FN almost exclusively. I have always liked their products. Hopefully they will work out the aftermarket kinks with the 509.

I thought the 509 was a turd from handling at NRAAM.

Nothing special about it.

I'm far more interested in the APX after getting "hands on" and that gun wasn't even on my radar before.

I thought the 509 was a turd from handling at NRAAM.

Nothing special about it.

I'm far more interested in the APX after getting "hands on" and that gun wasn't even on my radar before.

LOL...I didn't think it was a turd, but it didn't stand out to me either.

Some guys didn't care for the new APX, but it stood out to me like no other this weekend. I loved it, and like you, wasn't even aware of its existence before. Apparently it will have a modular frame as well, similar to the P320...

LOL...I didn't think it was a turd, but it didn't stand out to me either.

Some guys didn't care for the new APX, but it stood out to me like no other this weekend. I loved it, and like you, wasn't even aware of its existence before. Apparently it will have a modular frame as well, similar to the P320...
The biggest miss of the APX in my opinion is no mag commonality with the 92 series.

Those things are EVERYWHERE... and Mecgar versions are damn cheap.

The biggest miss of the APX in my opinion is no mag commonality with the 92 series.

Those things are EVERYWHERE... and Mecgar versions are damn cheap.

That would be ideal. Are they compatible with the PX4 line? I doubt it...

Sorry OP. :focus:

I always liked the FNS, I'd like very much to try out the 509.........and the APX! FN and Beretta are 2 of my favorite gun companies.
My APX is fast becoming my new favorite...and now that Beretta has threaded barrels and showed some configurations that mount RDS/RMR at the NRA show I think I will love it even more...

Did you guys try the trigger on the APX? It was pathetic. Staple-gun worthey at best if that's really how they are shipping.

All I could think was that when they deactivated it they messed it up somehow.

Did you guys try the trigger on the APX? It was pathetic. Staple-gun worthey at best if that's really how they are shipping.

All I could think was that when they deactivated it they messed it up somehow.
Different strokes I guess

Of the new released striker guns... I found the APX to be second only to the P10c.

Back
Top Bottom