• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FNG’s Irritate Me…..How About You?

I don’t know, maybe it’s because I’m old, but if you message me with an “I’ll take it “ then I mark it SPM. If another offer comes in, I’ll message the first guy to make sure he still wants it. If he says yes, I wait until we can meet.
Just like everything else in life…. The whole “do unto others….” thing, ya know?
I tend to agree but I've had a time or two where the "I'll take it" turns into a negotiation. No, "I'll take it" means you agree to what I posted.....

I've also had a situation for a next day meetup where everything seemed ironclad but I guess that gave the guy more time to browse around and see something else he wanted on this site more to spend his money on, back out of a deal, and end up wasting my time when I could have sold to someone else the same day.

I love quick responding to others when I can, but its getting to the point just sit on the ad overnight and see what all comes in and go from there. Weed out the nonsense and go with the first one that means business.

If I post an ad in Central Ga, I mean central Ga, dont say I'll take it and expect me to meet you 2 hours away. I just cant do it, I work, got kids in school, sports, and I like to make it to a deer stand on the weekends when I can. Folks even want you to knock off for gas money....

I tend to agree but I've had a time or two where the "I'll take it" turns into a negotiation. No, "I'll take it" means you agree to what I posted.....

I've also had a situation for a next day meetup where everything seemed ironclad but I guess that gave the guy more time to browse around and see something else he wanted on this site more to spend his money on, back out of a deal, and end up wasting my time when I could have sold to someone else the same day.

I love quick responding to others when I can, but its getting to the point just sit on the ad overnight and see what all comes in and go from there. Weed out the nonsense and go with the first one that means business.

If I post an ad in Central Ga, I mean central Ga, dont say I'll take it and expect me to meet you 2 hours away.
I agree with everything you said. My priority is make sure I treat people the way I hope to be treated. That helps me sleep at night. On the bright side, this site and all others like it, provide valuable lessons in what NOT to do when trying to be trustworthy. In the spirit of the op, I’ll add that those lessons aren’t all being taught by new guys with zero feedback. Douchebaggery doesn’t discriminate based on feedback.

If I post an ad in Central Ga, I mean central Ga, dont say I'll take it and expect me to meet you 2 hours away. I just cant do it, I work, got kids in school, sports, and I like to make it to a deer stand on the weekends when I can. Folks even want you to knock off for gas money....
Yeah if I want something bad enough or it's that good a deal I'll drive anywhere in the state. Figure if I don't want to drive too far I don't want it enough.

Found a great gun on ODT…..communicated with the gentleman. Gun was available. I offer him his full asking price. Im 4 hours away. Offer to drive to him by next morning. He states…..I don’t know. I might not have it available by early morning. I’m the first to offer full price and be there the next morning early and still get turned down……he stated…..everyone offers the same too. What is this the eBay of guns and we bid now? He set the price…….new people on trader have irritated me enough. I try and give people a chance but I’m getting to the point where I just don’t even want to send an offer if they are new. Sorry……just had to vent a moment. Anyone else have similar experiences?
yeah, I saw a 22Rifle on here listed by a brand new member with no feedback. I offered him his asking price if he would meet me in Perry Ga. (a 30 minute drive for him and a 1 1/2 hour drive for me. He agreed. So I call him the next morning and tell him I'm leaving now to go there and he says thats good He'll meet me there at our preset time. When I get an hour into the trip this shmo texts me and says he was rear ended and can't make the trip, will have to be the next day. I tell him to call me when he gets through with the police and his "wreck"..........I get home to find the guy has sold the rifle to his buddy and this guy has already left positive feedback for the no show lying newby. Turns out I'm the only one who got rear-ended.

Had listing last week. I was first to say, pay full price. Set up late meeting and
then seller says someone offered him a trade. AFTER I was first to respond.
Hope he got what he wanted in the trade. FOR SALE ONLY~~~ :spider:
Saying “I’ll take it” means absolutely nothing. Hell you don’t even know if you are the first, unless you can read PMs…
Even at that people can choose to deal with whomever they want for whatever reason.
Even if they are scared of your avatar…

yeah, I saw a 22Rifle on here listed by a brand new member with no feedback. I offered him his asking price if he would meet me in Perry Ga. (a 30 minute drive for him and a 1 1/2 hour drive for me. He agreed. So I call him the next morning and tell him I'm leaving now to go there and he says thats good He'll meet me there at our preset time. When I get an hour into the trip this shmo texts me and says he was rear ended and can't make the trip, will have to be the next day. I tell him to call me when he gets through with the police and his "wreck"..........I get home to find the guy has sold the rifle to his buddy and this guy has already left positive feedback for the no show lying newby. Turns out I'm the only one who got rear-ended.
You got rear pounded.

To date, the worst communication skills of anyone that I have run across is a guy with 293 feedback. Absolutely horrible comms and sketchy AF

<<<<<<<< I thought you were calling me out, but its not me I'm 9 short of 293.

I still meet new guys that are awesome and the occasional disappointment. Do not drive before You talk with the seller and do not drive more than 15 minutes if they do not establish confidence with their feedback or the phone conversation.
Before you get a negative attitude toward ODT, Imagine how much life would suck if this place went away.
I would probably go back to a gun show again. I hope it never comes to that level of depravity to meet my addiction to trade shooting related stuff.

Back
Top Bottom