folks at the "old"site"

This is my first post on this board so hopefully you can take something away from it that will benefit you.

Having gotten banned from the other site without just cause, I can empathize with a lot of you here. There is no sense in crying over spilled milk. Hopefully, the lesson for this site will be what NOT to do to your readers.

A lot of times on these boards those in control do things I really don't like. For instance, on the old GGT site, a moderator took it upon himself to casually mention my name and private info about me in a PM. That meant that moderator had used his position on GGT to look my ISP info, collect private info and violate my Right to Privacy simply because he had a personal issue with me.

If you say or do something that those in control don't like, they will look for ways to get rid of you. BTW, I got banned at that one site nobody likes for a joke - a joke that Jay Leno told on tv. So, you never know who you will urinate off - and they just might go after you for something that don't have squat to do with the board.

For those who still support the holier than thous that make boards like this a necessity, I'm afraid I wouldn't have much respect for you. For me, that would be tantamount to hanging with Elena Kagan because you and her liked the same music while her activities relative to her job are destroying the country. As an effort not mention other people, sites, etc. that is a blanket statement, so that it won't cast aspersions upon anyone specifically. Thank You for understanding

This is my first post on this board so hopefully you can take something away from it that will benefit you.
For instance, on the old GGT site, a moderator took it upon himself to casually mention my name and private info about me in a PM. That meant that moderator had used his position on GGT to look my ISP info, collect private info and violate my Right to Privacy simply because he had a personal issue with me.

The MODS on GGT had no access to the Admin console or any personal information that was not in the user's profile. Mod status only gave acces to being able to Edit, Delete, Move, and Lock postings.

As far as old and new goes, I'm tickled to death with this site. I just hope a few certain mods from the old site doesn't get a chance to ply their trade here. That's my peace on the matter. I also look forward to chatting with all of my old GGT friends on here.

Having gotten banned from the other site without just cause, I can empathize with a lot of you here. There is no sense in crying over spilled milk. Hopefully, the lesson for this site will be what NOT to do to your readers.

A lot of times on these boards those in control do things I really don't like. For instance, on the old GGT site, a moderator took it upon himself to casually mention my name and private info about me in a PM. That meant that moderator had used his position on GGT to look my ISP info, collect private info and violate my Right to Privacy simply because he had a personal issue with me.

If you say or do something that those in control don't like, they will look for ways to get rid of you. BTW, I got banned at that one site nobody likes for a joke - a joke that Jay Leno told on tv. So, you never know who you will urinate off - and they just might go after you for something that don't have squat to do with the board.

For those who still support the holier than thous that make boards like this a necessity, I'm afraid I wouldn't have much respect for you. For me, that would be tantamount to hanging with Elena Kagan because you and her liked the same music while her activities relative to her job are destroying the country. As an effort not mention other people, sites, etc. that is a blanket statement, so that it won't cast aspersions upon anyone specifically. Thank You for understanding

So far we have'nt had alot of issues, there have been very few removed so far. One of the main reasons Steve started this site is so that we would not have be so heavily moderated. So far I feel that we have a good group of moderators that dont need moderating.....wierd huh? So be free with things, just dont get out of line. The line here is thicker than most sites. Enjoy!!!

I really don't care if you post or browse, as long as you register on the site so we can freak out about how many members we have, I am fine with it. If you post or buy stuff in the swap and sell, that adds to the allure of the site for other people, who then may post in forums themselves.

Anyway, I'm a libertarian, do what you will, as long as it doesn't offend anyone else.

Thanks for joining the site!

From one Libertarian to another: Mr Steve, you obviously GET it. Traffic IS the currency of the internet. I'm looking forward to seeing traffic to this site (and views of my items, hehe) increase as time goes on and the word gets out. I'm a member on many, many gun/outdoors/survivalist boards and I promote this site every chance that I get.

Never was accused of anything or banned, but think it was BS that all were punished because of what others were doing, So here .... (a picture that is definitely worth 1000 words)

Back
Top Bottom