• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

folks at the "old"site"

I will have to agree with anyone who thinks that the GON swap and sell closing was BS!!!!! I had a lot of friends on there and stayed on the site all the time and never really seen that many people breaking the rules so I think there is more to it than what they are saying. On the other hand this is the best site I have found since Woodys closed down and I just hope that all the old members will start posting on here so we have all the volume of guns and stuff that were on GON. I think the way that GON handled closing it down was not the right way.

The amount of firearms GON moved was a bit more of a facade than the average person realized. In many cases, the same gun moved around from owner to new owner to new owner to new owner, each time creating a new thread. Sometimes 3 times in the same day. It probably happens here as well, but I can only think of one or two that have.

Yea I watched that happen as well on the old GON site. This site is a very good one and getting better everyday but it just seems like on GON there were several and sometimes hundreds or new guns posted each day. This site is the closest thing to that because I have been on other sites where there might only be 5 or 10 guns listed each day. Have you heard if maybe the old GON site was catching heat from any kind of law or something. That may sound dumb but you know beacaue when you go to trade or buy you dont know where the gun has been or even if the other guy can legally own one. I was just wondering?

. Have you heard if maybe the old GON site was catching heat from any kind of law or something. That may sound dumb but you know beacaue when you go to trade or buy you dont know where the gun has been or even if the other guy can legally own one. I was just wondering?

Crossed my mind too.

One thing I have noticed on this new site,you get a lot of lookers but they ain't got much to say.The reason I post a question is 'cause I need some help with something.Steve ain't going to spank you for posting a comment.

i would bet that is because of 2 things.
1. the site is still newer, so people havent found enough threads that interest them yet.
or
2. a chunk, possibly a big chunk, of the members just came over from GGT where we mainly looked at what people had, but only had 2 categories to post in for non-sale stuff so there was not as much posting like you would find on sights like this or that other site.

I've gone back and compared our volume of listings to what GON had before it shutdown and it is very close.

What makes it seem like we have less is we have more categories in firearms, 3, and GON had everything in one.

In the last 24 hours of GONs swap and sell they had 105 listings and the day I compared it to we had 85.

back in 07 when I first got on gon the swap an sell was alot of fun and moved fairly quickly ....

alot of us watched the S&S on a daily basis and got some great deals and had a blast .....

we were able to post in each others threads and communicate with each other and such ...

there were a bunch of us that spent our time on gon mainly in the S&S and gun chat sections and it was our driveler so to say....

but then we had several morons come thru and the administration punished the good people for the bad ones issues !

then the administration changed and things got even worse and went down hill from there with a selfish disregard for alot of members that they could care less about !!!

finally the favorite playing/bullying mods/admins.. and all there little pets.......... they hit my last nerve and I decided to move on .....

RANT OVER !:(

VERY GLAD TO BE HERE

Back
Top Bottom