For all those who like Thumb safeties...

:deadhorse:
You do what you train.
If you don't train, you have no business with a weapon.
And training isn't an occasional thing. It has to be regular and consistent.
Just like the platform you carry.

I kind of like the libertarian perspective on life.
Let them do what they want, until they intrude into my arena. Then let me do what I want, to them.

Last edited:
Aside from the obvious safety issue, the guy has zero tactical awareness and planning. WTF is he doing RIGHT AT THE DOOR? If you always leave yourself a line of sight on the entrance with enough room and SOME concealment from the entering bad guy to maximize your response. Sitting where he and the BG are going to see each other at the same time is just stupid.

Isn't being dressed up in a pseudo-cop uniform in a target location the same as being "bait." How much actual tactical training does a security guard get?

If you are so poorly trained as to forget the safety, why wouldn't you forget the trigger, too. Taking the safety off is part of drawing the weapon and adds no time to the process. If you don't train with it, you won't be able to use it under stress anyway.

Yea, I was trained on a glock, so I will have to default to someone that has experience with thumb safeties. If it is part of drawing the weapon then I guess it wouldn't add any time to the process. Looks to me like this guy is just some Joe Shmoe with a gun.

Thumb safety. .....really???
Not the fact that he pulled the holster and pistol together and then dropped both, only to un-holster it while on the ground...

Haha good point. This guy was a mess.

Aside from the obvious safety issue, the guy has zero tactical awareness and planning. WTF is he doing RIGHT AT THE DOOR? If you always leave yourself a line of sight on the entrance with enough room and SOME concealment from the entering bad guy to maximize your response. Sitting where he and the BG are going to see each other at the same time is just stupid.

^Agreed

Isn't being dressed up in a pseudo-cop uniform in a target location the same as being "bait." How much actual tactical training does a security guard get?

Apparently none. "Oh they hired me to keep the store safe. I'll just sit at the door to get paid. Oh wait, what's this? A gun? I've seen people use these in the movies. Can't be all that difficult."

Back
Top Bottom