For all those who like Thumb safeties...

You can train to deactivate a safety under duress but it takes that; training until it becomes a reflex and not requiring thought. As Bearpugh relates he still "unconsciously" thumbs the safety down after switching to another gun.

Most won't invest the time and round count to acquire this skill. Hell this "security" meat bag didn't even invest the time to critically think his defense plan out let alone practicing his draw stroke.

So, I'm sitting here in this chair at the entrance and in walks a gunman........ Reaction.... Crap pants and hope I can get my gun quickly enough out to react to an already drawn gun at arms distance without any cover...

That plan was a fail just awaiting the moment to fail. No more, no less and caught on tape. I hope someone will benefit from the education of this event and not repeat the same mistakes.

I just love to see shopkeepers/staff behind cover lighting up some douchebag out in the open, no cover, near the entrance who had intended to commit an armed robbery.

Back
Top Bottom