• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? for keyboard (laptop) geeks.

OK just set it to "low" and now I see from a video in settings that using multiple fingers on the touchpad brings up different options and executes different commands. WTH?
Ugh.... just going to have to get better about having an actual mouse I guess.
Some feature are available with Win control panel options for mouse. But some brands you need the OEM mouse driver/app for access to all features. We deal mostly with Lenovo so I always have the Synaptics driver/app installed.
I keep mine on low because i have a tendency for my thumb heel to bump it.

pfft_hero.png
Which are the only ones that are relevant.

Mine would do what yours is doing. I was touching or brushing one or more of the buttons above or below the touchpad. I disabled those, but left the touchpad hot, and rest my wrists on the edge of the laptop, and problem solved, for me.

The wife tried to use my laptop the other day and she was deleting 1/4 of everything she wrote.

It may be you can not touch anywhere near the touchpad (what I do now).

Mine would do what yours is doing. I was touching or brushing one or more of the buttons above or below the touchpad. I disabled those, but left the touchpad hot, and rest my wrists on the edge of the laptop, and problem solved, for me.

The wife tried to use my laptop the other day and she was deleting 1/4 of everything she wrote.

It may be you can not touch anywhere near the touchpad (what I do now).
I have no clue (obviously) but this particular touchpad is one section (no buttons). I don't know. Changing the sensitivity might have helped. Time will tell I guess.

My mom (mid 80's) was constantly having a problem like this. Odd amounts of text highlighted, test moving around, weird commands popping up, etc.

I finally was able to watch her, and I could tell that she was letting another finger on her right hand, or possibly a finger on her left hand, touch the pad while trying to move the cursor around with her right index finger.

Some sort of software was reading a "double touch/action" and making some crazy decisions about what it wanted to do.

I worked with her for about 3 days to break the habit of toooooo many fingers on the touchpad. Is it possible you're touching it without knowing?

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom