For the PSA haters..

No, “they” do not hold up fine. The particular, individual ones that you have are holding up fine. You cannot shoot two guns and make a definitive statement on an entire line of firearms, whether good or bad.
If I was the only one they held up for, that would be a fair statement but unfortunately for detractors there is a large majority that work fine.

I own a gun from X Company and it’s never had a malfunction, therefore all their guns are good.

Some other statements that have equal merit:

I’ve been in gunfights, but I’ve never been shot, therefore folks don’t get shot in gunfights.

I’ve been cut with a knife, but I didn’t die, therefore folks aren’t killed by knives.

I had sex with a Filipino whore without a condom, and I didn’t get an STD, therefore Filipino whores don’t carry STD’s.

My buddy has parachuted, but he didn’t die, therefore folks don’t die in parachuting accidents.
Your equal merit:
Folks are killed with knives, therefore if I get cut I'll die.........see what happed there?

Your equal merit:
Folks are killed with knives, therefore if I get cut I'll die.........see what happed there?

You just helped to prove my point. Because somethings happened to a single person, you don’t have enough info to make a blanket statement about all persons in similar situations.

I'm curious what failed? was it the upper itself?

Barrels with improperly sized gas ports
Barrels with improperly installed barrel extensions
Barrels where the bore wasn’t close to being in the center of the barrel, causing issues with accuracy as the barrel heats up, as well as baffle strikes when using a can
Barrels with threads cut “wrong”, in more than one way; not cut to depth, not cut square, etc.
Upper receivers with improper or no feed ramps
Lower receivers that were out of spec in various ways
BCG’s that were made of cheap materials, with subpar finishes, and improperly assembled
Overall, improper assembly; parts not torqued to spec, no use of anti-seize, not stretching the threads prior to final installation of the receiver extension and barrel nut, etc.

By reviews I don't mean the ones left on the website.

You don’t run in the same circles that I do. The reviews that I get are overwhelmingly negative. The observations that I’ve made as an M16/AR15 Armorer are overwhelmingly negative. As a Firearms Instructor that runs my own training school, I see a lot of AR’s in a year.

Back
Top Bottom